• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

If you were recovered tomorrow, what would you do

Lee88

I would put all my efforts into pursuing my dream of being a script writer. Sadly it shall remain just a dream for me.

sb4

1) Exercise until I seat sweat. Take a hot bath so I can finally feel clean.

2) Quickly as possible try to get a career going. Perhaps brushing up my coding skills or going for another career path that I'd want to do long term.

Aerose91

1) Exercise until I seat sweat. Take a hot bath so I can finally feel clean.

2) Quickly as possible try to get a career going. Perhaps brushing up my coding skills or going for another career path that I'd want to do long term.
What else do you think you'd like to pursue, sb4?

sb4

What else do you think you'd like to pursue, sb4?
Well coding is probably the most realistic, aside from that perhaps I could go back to university and pursue a path in medicine but that would require a time and money commitment. Not sure really. I do keep thinking about this from time to time but my thinking snaps back to getting better ASAP because my plans will change depending on when I get better. There are always lots of possibilities.

Rebeccare

Moose Enthusiast
I've been seeing the name this thread for the past few days, and every time I read it I feel like bursting into tears. I guess thinking about what I'd do if I felt better is kind of like being shown a delicious chocolate cake and being told that I can't eat any. One way that I've learned to cope with my illness is by focusing on my current abilities and not wishing for things I can't have (but so desperately want).

That being said, I've always wanted to learn how to tap-dance, even before I got sick. And I think that even before I got sick it was very unlikely that I would ever get into a class. But who knows? Maybe someone will create a chair tap dancing class (where you sit in a chair and just exercise your feet a little while) for the fatigued. But for now I'll just try to live my life content with what I can do and without trying to look too far into the future.

Aerose91

Well coding is probably the most realistic, aside from that perhaps I could go back to university and pursue a path in medicine but that would require a time and money commitment. Not sure really. I do keep thinking about this from time to time but my thinking snaps back to getting better ASAP because my plans will change depending on when I get better. There are always lots of possibilities.

I think about this, too. Time will dictate any decisions. Although I struggle with my age and lost time I feel if we were to come out of this that would be the greatest motivation to achieve our highest goals ever