• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

If you ordered Culture/Serology at the same time...

For anyone who ordered their culture and serology tests together...I was wondering if VIP sent all of your results to your doctor in one fax, or if they sent them separately? For some reason, VIP sent my doctor all the results of my testing (Serology, Lyme, EBV, Herpes) ...EXCEPT XAND by Culture? (I was negative for Serology.)

Anyways, it reads:

NORMAL (Blank)
ABNORMAL - PENDING in a box
NORMAL RANGE: None Detected

It's been 8 weeks, and I'm going nuts! Part of me is wondering (worrying) if there's a paperwork glitch somewhere. I tried emailing, and calling... no answer. Will try again tomorrow.

Thanks for humoring me!

3CFIDS@ourhouse

still me
Hi, JAX, my culture and serology were sent at the same time. I received my serology a couple of weeks ago, but am still waiting for the culture. VIP Dx said the cultures are taking longer than expected, so I guess they go ahead and send what results they have. I know it's hard to wait- I hope you get an answer tomorrow!

floydguy

Same situation for me. Sample sent in 9/23 and Serology negative waiting culture results. We're probably in the same batch!

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
For anyone who ordered their culture and serology tests together...I was wondering if VIP sent all of your results to your doctor in one fax, or if they sent them separately?

It's been 8 weeks, and I'm going nuts! Part of me is wondering (worrying) if there's a paperwork glitch somewhere.

Hi JAX,

A friend and I ordered both tests together. Sent our blood on Aug 30th. The results came weeks apart--first culture (positive) and much later serology (negative). Culture should take much longer, but it seems that they were doing a lot of quality control on the serology while mine was in the works--so it took longer (even though serology should come faster).

Just looked at my dates: culture results faxed on Sept 19th; serology faxed on Nov 12th. I think it takes longer now, as they are getting more volume.

Hold tight! You may follow the pattern I and others are getting: positive by culture, no antibodies detected.

Best wishes for your nail-biting!
Sushi

Hi all! I got a response fromVIP! The samples will take 2-3 more weeks. Dr. Lombardi does the initial once over, and then they go through quality control. That makes me feel so much better! :) Happy Turkey Day!

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi all! I got a response fromVIP! The samples will take 2-3 more weeks. Dr. Lombardi does the initial once over, and then they go through quality control. That makes me feel so much better!

So glad you got this reassurance and know what is happening. Quality control can only be good!

Sushi