• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

IACFS/ME August 2021 Virtual Conference: Call for Asbtracts

Hope123

Hi, everyone, if you or someone you know would like to submit a research abstract or workshop proposal for the August 2021 Virtual Conference, please see below for more information. Registration for the conference itself does not start until around July. Thanks.

2021 IACFS/ME Virtual Conference
August 19 - 21, 2021
Submit Your Abstract/ Workshop Proposal now!
Deadline is May 3, 2021, 5:00 PM New York City (USA) time.

Please review the instructions below and take a look at the submission forms. If there are any questions, please complete our Contact Us form. Researchers who are new to the ME/CFS field, early in their career, from outside the United States, and from groups traditionally underrepresented in science are encouraged to submit. For more about the conference, see the 2021 main conference webpage, summaries of our 2020 meeting, or our 2016 program.

Research Abstracts
This section is intended for presentation of original research or research protocols. The latter refer to plans for research that have not yet been carried out. For protocols, Results section should describe what results are expected or may reveal whereas the Conclusion section should relay what the practical impact of the research may be on scientific progress, clinical care, public health policy, medical education, or other areas.
Submitted abstracts will be reviewed. If selected, you will be asked to present a 12-minute talk or to participate in a poster session. Notifications will be sent out in early June.
Submit Abstract

Workshop Proposals
This section is intended for 1-hour workshops aimed at clinicians, researchers, or patients/ caregivers. Please designate the audience. Workshops must address a specific topic in-depth. The format is other wise flexible (e.g. lecture, panel, small group discussion, demonstration) and can be decided by the submitters. Up to 2 people may host one workshop.
Submitted workshops will reviewed and selected. Notifications will be sent out in early June.

Submit Workshop

Hope123

Hi, everyone, if you are involved with research, please consider submitting your research or workshop proposal for the 2021 IACFS/ME conference.

The Deadline has been extended to May 17, 2021 at 5 PM New York Time.

See prior post above for submission information or click here for details.

The conference will take place online. Patients, caregivers, and supporters are welcomed to attend. The first day of the meeting is a Patient Conference Day directed at the general public with a variety of speakers discussing relevant topics, followed by 2 days of presentations of original, unpublished research from scientists around the world.

The line-up of speakers/ topics and registration webpage for the conference will be released in July. Watch this thread for future information or visit our main conference webpage later.