• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I wish this revolution in medicine was happening much earlier...

Hipsman

Covid made it tough on everyone, but covid also accelerated medical revolution to speeds never seen in human history!

I just wish this medical revolution had happened much sooner (I'm talking like 10 years earlier), It would've saved millions of people from suffering all these years, but unfortunately it didn't and we still have to wait a while before any of this exciting research materializes into treatments for ME/CFS :( #rant

Hipsman

what revolution do you mean?
the one that is happening for the last year, lol. That 1.25billion $ bill in US for long covid research for example, long covid is smilar to me/cfs (maybe even the same thing). 1.25billion is probably more money then was ever spent on me/cfs research. If it takes a pandemic for this to happen, then it just means our society is extremely ignorant...

Rufous McKinney

the one that is happening for the last year, lol. That 1.25billion $ bill in US for long covid research for example, long covid is smilar to me/cfs (maybe even the same thing). 1.25billion is probably more money then was ever spent on me/cfs research. If it takes a pandemic for this to happen, then it just means our society is extremely ignorant...

Oh, that!

So who can translate all this into FACTS on the GROUND?

1) Ron Davis just reported there is never adequate money and resources to bring to ME. I don't recall him mentioning ANY work on Long Haul V. ME. did I miss that in yesterday's update? He has all these FDA drugs and herbs to test. To find a treatment.

What are those billions doing? did OMF Stanford get any of that money?

what about the Gulf War Funding/ that includes us? (3 years in the military budget)???

2) Prusty just got money from UK and a private NGO in So Cal. No USA research money.

Hipsman

What are those billions doing? did OMF Stanford get any of that money?
I only know that that money was specifically for biological research of long covid, no psychological shit. I guess unless ME researchers specifically work on long covid they won’t get a piece of that pie...

pamojja

they won’t get a piece of that pie..

Sorry for being the messenger, but if it goes as with the billions spent in 50 years for the war on cancer, or CVD too, than its rather a business-model and not at all a revolution. CVD and cancer are still the number 1 killers.