• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

i was diagnosed with RSD by a doctor but another doctor told me it same as fibro

hurtingallthetimet

like most i saw several doctors when first diagnosed...one doctor had dianosed me with RSD i told my current doctor about it but the doctor said that is bascailly same as fibro and just stopped talking about it at all..is it the same? ive tried to read up on it and it does sound alot alike..but if theres something that can help my pain get better than it is that is given for RSD and it is diffenrnt than fibro i think id be worth looking into...

Calathea

Didn't you post recently about how bad your doctor is, with everyone advising you to change doctor? If it's the same one, why are you still listening to him? Do you have the option of changing doctor?

RSD is nothing like fibro, although it too is difficult to diagnose and patients can be put through the mill in the meantime. Can you go back to the doctor who diagnosed the RSD? Have you looked at RSD support websites, such as this one (including a symptom description)? I would also recommend talking to pain organisations. I know that the woman who started the European Pain Network has RSD, for example.

liquid sky

RSD affects a specific area of the body usually, such as one limb. It can spread to another, but it is not a body wide condition causing pain all over. Your doctor does not sound too informed or else does not want to take the time to help you.

Both conditions cause severe pain, but certainly not the same.

hurtingallthetimet

thanks for replies i will look into it more...ive seen several really bad doctors like alot...but the doctor i see at the current time for the pain and fatigue i do really like alot...though im still in alot of pain and fatigue....and feel that that office has helped me more than any other ive been to so far...as i said i have seen some bad ones and gotten bad advice and even been told its all in peoples head etc..etc..
though current doctor is the one who said rsd bascailly same as fibro but as i said i will look more into rsd...

Calathea

If you click on the link provided, how well does the description of RSD symptoms apply to you?