• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I replace all my hormones to cure my CFS. Here is what I have learned along the way.

thingsvarious

An fT3 at the bottom of the range does not sound perfectly recovered. Sounds like you aren't adequately converting T4 to T3, which is maybe why your TSH is slightly elevated.
I am on a low carb diet, so this is expected. T3/T4 conversion is a peripheral issue and has not much to do with hypothalamic recovery. No hypothyroid symptoms.

thingsvarious

Lucky you. Many people with ME/CFS have low T3 syndrome.
I doubt though that T3 contributes much to the etiology and/or causes of symptomatology. In my opinion, most with ME/CFS have monoaminergic deficiencies due to a variety of causes (e.g. hormone deficiencies, cytokines, direct infection of regulatory brain areas) and in my opinion more ME/CFS sufferers than not do not have T3 significantly involved.

GlassCannonLife

I doubt though that T3 contributes much to the etiology and/or causes of symptomatology. In my opinion, most with ME/CFS have monoaminergic deficiencies due to a variety of causes (e.g. hormone deficiencies, cytokines, direct infection of regulatory brain areas) and in my opinion more ME/CFS sufferers than not do not have T3 significantly involved.
Interesting, please see the post on T3 monotherapy where I tagged you, I'd love to hear your opinion on the experiences of the doctors and their treatment strategies.

thingsvarious

Interesting, please see the post on T3 monotherapy where I tagged you, I'd love to hear your opinion on the experiences of the doctors and their treatment strategies.
My guess: Patients will benefit slightly as T3 activates the noradrenergic system. However, this stimulant effect is (IMO) not at all targeting the root cause and T3 conversion issues are not meaningfully contributing to the symptomatology. I cannot find your tag. Feel free to copy-paste my response