• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I have all the symptoms of CCI but test comes back inconclusive

Fainting
Neck and shoulder pain
Photophobia
Dysphagia
Shortness of breath

Update: radiologists state there might be something wrong with my neck. I’m so relieved.

Last edited:

valentinelynx

Can you say what test came back inconclusive? I believe it's possible to have CCI without overtly positive measurements on MRI. This is why Dr. Bolognese uses traction testing. If a patient has significant improvement with traction despite non-pathological or borderline measurements, it can mean you have "cranial settling", in which the skull slides down on the upper cervical spine. I'm not well-versed in this, but I think I read about it in @JenB 's writings.

Best of luck in your seeking answers!

JenB

You definitely cannot trust radiology reports as they often don’t look for CCI/AAI, don’t take measurements, or if they do, don’t do them properly. You need to consult with an expert neurosurgeon and get, ideally, two opinions. And yes, a cervical MRI can be normal. There are sooooo many different tests.

If you are seriously interested in pursuing this diagnosis, please join us on Facebook.