• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I got word from WPI of being in a new study

D

dmarie4301

I received it yesterday morning, March 28, 2010

Here's the letter:

Ms. xxxxx,
We have you on our Research Study, and we have not forgotten you. We appreciate your patience and continued support in the W.P.I. We will be contacting you within the next three months if not sooner.

Sincerely,

Debbie Taylor-Cramer
Whittemore Peterson Institute
Applied Research Facility Rm 401/MS199
1664 North Virginia St
University of Nevada, Reno
Reno NV 89557

Dr. Judy said they'd be calling us who filled out the WPI online questionaire in March, this month, but looks like it will take longer. But I was glad to finally get notification. I think that being ON a study means I will be IN the study?

Anyway, good to know they will be contacting me....!

Min

What exciting news for you!!! hope you hear back soon!

(what country are you in please?)

D

dmarie4301

I am in Portland, Oregon, USA. This shows to me that they are still on their game. With no further talks from Mikovits, I was wondering what was up. I DO hope this XMRV turns out to be the culprit for us. 20 years is a long time to be sick.

camas

That's great news, dmarie! They must have been overwhelmed by questionnaires if it's taking three months to get back to everyone.

Hope123

That research questionairre has been up for a long-time and I signed up for it the first week it was posted yet have not heard anything from them. I know they received it because I got a letter from WPI not long after asking for a donation and I sent them a check. I wonder if they're picking particular people based on specific. Good to hear they're starting.

starryeyes

It would be really cool if they set us up in groups geographically so they could hit all the PWC in Oregon at once and the Bay Area at once etc...

I would be so happy if they came to take my blood!

D

dmarie4301

I tried the dumb Coop PCR test and was negative. I was going to wait for the WPI's antibody test, but now since they are moving forward with studies, I'll give my blood for free :)

I was getting worried cuz I filled out that questionaire, then filled it out again, emailed Dr. Judy, (no response), called the office a couple times. This time the lady said for sure they'd get back to me.

I am also wondering when they will do the transfusion study, cuz WPI was asking for people with CFIDS who had gotten a transfusion and got sick afterwards within the past 7 years, to contact them. I dont fit in that category, but that makes it sound like two new studies will be upcoming.

So, on we go....what else can we do. I sure am tired of being sick. Isnt it just the pits?

D

dmarie4301

Dont know. Im just happy to give away my blood. See what they can find and if it can help in understanding this life sucking illness.

Adam

Hi Dmarie

It is the UK study the WPI are doing with the charity money from Invest in ME. 225 are in the study. They are starting very soon collecting the blood, shipping back to your side of the pond. We should get results about 3 weeks after that.