• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I cured my air hunger

seamyb

I've started looking at the methylation stuff on this forum and have begun trying it out.

My illness started out with air hunger as the only symptom. Many supplements would make it worse.

Methylfolate completely eradicates it. I've been air hunger free for weeks and the usual triggers are no longer triggering.

As to the mechanism, heck if I know. But might be worth a try. Literal crumbs of a methylfolate tablet are all I can tolerate because I get wired and anxious, I'm building up to larger doses. But if you get a response from this it may be an indication that you could see benefit from looking into methylation.

seamyb

Hi.
How much you take.
Good work.

I'm not entirely sure. I have 400 microgram tablets. I took a quarter for two days and it was too much for me. I took literal crumbs for a few days and it had the effect on my breathing. I'm now on bigger crumbs, but it's still less than a quarter of a tablet. Less than an eighth even! It's powerful stuff.