• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I cannot deal with this anymore - Dry, depleted, dehydrated, weak, lifeless

Replenished

Hello @Replenished.....I almost get the feeling that you aren't in favor of doctors (and I stand to be corrected), but perhaps you should see an endocrinologist. At least proper blood tests will be performed.

Yes, fish oil and Biotene Gel(for mouth secretions) are probably as good as you're going to get at this point.

@Wolfcub.....you've been missed, but I do understand the necessity for some time off. How are you? Still in the same place, and busy getting wood ready for the winter. Well, it's only May so I guess you can take more time off. Seriously, though, you had a couple of us worried....we welcome back. I hope your health has held steady during this time. Yours, Lenora.

I've seen about 10 endocrinologists. I wouldn't say i'm not in favour of doctors, just you reach a point where you realise there isn't anything more they can offer, they aren't magicians.

Last edited:

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I don't remember if I mentioned this already in one of your threads. Pardon me if I did already. It's just that every time I make my diy chickpea Japanese Natto and eat some, it seems to really moisten my mouth and for a long while afterward too. I think I also feel more hydrated in general though I haven't made a batch for a while so can't remember exactly. It think all that's from the bacteria in it...Bacillus subtilis.

It's also in things like Kombucha so you could possibly buy a bottle of that to try if you didn't have problems with the other ingredients like I do. That or buying some Japanese natto (if you can handle soy) might be the least expensive way to try it.

Mine is diy so I don't think it is fermented to the same degree as the authentic version so the smell is not overpowering but it still does get a sharp cheese flavor to it that lingers for a while.

hapl808

Mine is diy so I don't think it is fermented to the same degree as the authentic version so the smell is not overpowering but it still does get a sharp cheese flavor to it that lingers for a while.

That's impressive - I always thought that natto was difficult to make, but I've never looked into it. I've made homemade kimchi successfully, and failed miserably at homemade nukazuke.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
That's impressive - I always thought that natto was difficult to make, but I've never looked into it. I

Thank you. The steps aren't really difficult but it does take some time and also some energy because of the ME.

I love YouTube and Instant Pot but to be honest some of my batches didn't work. I've gotten better at making sure everything is sterilized because losing a batch can be discouraging.

Still I can't do soy otherwise, I would probably just buy some of the soy natto online instead.

Edit: Well, also the stuff online is expensive and this was just the starter for less that $15, which gives me multiple batches, and a $2 bag of dried chickpeas each time I want to make some. :)

Last edited:

lenora

I've seen about 10 endocrinologists. I wouldn't say i'm not in favour of doctors, just you reach a point where you realise there isn't anything more they can offer, they aren't magicians.

You're right, of course. There are many times when doctors don't have the answers....it isn't that most don't try, it's just that "what are the answers? You can expect kindness and respect, beyond that we're very difficult to diagnose b/c we seem to have so many diverse symptoms. It's difficult for sure, Yours, Lenora