• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hyssinol (Premier Research Labs) for mycoplasma pneumoniae

Mary

Moderator Resource
I've gotten sick with a respiratory bug every time I crash for many years. And I crash generally at least once a week, so I am sick a lot if not most of the time. Several years ago I started taking andrographis and it helped for quite awhile with these recurrent infections.

However, the last several months the andrographis has not been very effective, I've been sicker, and sick longer, than usual. And of course I don't know if it's the same bug I've been fighting each time. Some times it feels a little different, though it's always in my sinuses and the worst part is the fatigue it causes such that it makes if difficult to do anything.

About a week ago I saw my chiropractor who does muscle testing - I was seeing him for a structural problem but mentioned this respiratory bug - I was on the tail end of it by that time. Anyways, he did the MT and looked a little surprised and said it was mycoplasma. I've twice tested positive for mycoplasma pneumoniae antibodies, on lab work 6 years ago and last December. (It's not something that's tested regularly)

The chiropractor gave me Hyssinol by Premier Research Labs, saying it was effective against mycoplasma - and, he appears to be correct! I crashed yesterday and was getting a little sick again by last night, but today I actually feel halfway decent. I never feel this well the day after a crash - even though the official crash generally ends in one day now (due in large part to BCAAs), I am almost always pretty sick the next day and unable to do anything. And today I have only very slight congestion and actually have energy. I don't think it's a coincidence because I never feel this well the day after a crash. Well, we'll see - in any event, it is really nice to feel unexpectedly well for a change! :)

Last edited:

Mary

Moderator Resource
Popular in olde english herbalism.
Interesting! From the Premier Research Labs website:
Hyssinol™ provides a premier quality complex that features the unique herb hyssop, the legendary herb of the Bible that is traditionally used for effective health and wellness support.
I had no idea of its lineage! (right word there? :confused: )

And good to hear it's a vasodilator too, always useful. There are several other ingredients as well --

Learner1

@Mary Glad you found an explanation! Andrographis is an immunomodulator and dies have some antibacterial properties against many bacterial species. But bacteria can adapt to evade even the best strategy.

Antibody testing is not a sure thing. You might find this article to be helpful:

"Pathogenic Mycoplasma Infections in Chronic Illnesses: General Considerations in Selecting Conventional and Integrative Treatments" https://m.scirp.org/papers/95720

Mycoplasma are really vexing as they invade our cells and are not their own complete organism.

I had both chlamydia and mycoplasma pneumonia and my doctor said, "Well, we can try to go after them, but if we fail you may just have to learn to live with them..." The strategy he prescribed was 4 months of 3 day a week IV rifampin, doxycycline, and azithromycin, which was grueling, in addition to IV immunoglobulins, but ultimately successful. And, I'm still dealing with the aftermath and my microbiome as the IV antibiotics affected it. But, killing them off really was a key step in reducing fatigue.

I'd be very interested in whether the hyssinol is equally effective at killing it off without affecting the microbiome. Good luck!😃

YippeeKi YOW !!

I'd be very interested in whether the hyssinol is equally effective at killing it off without affecting the microbiome. Good luck!😃
I'd like to know, too ....

@Mary, you post the coolest things .... I have much the same approach to healing in terms of sticking to the natural whenever possible, or at least giving it the first turn at bat ... thanks for this ....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :rocket::rocket:

Mary

Moderator Resource
@Learner1 - thanks for the article and info! That really does sound like a grueling regimen your doctor put you on! How long ago did you finish - you said you're still dealing with the aftermath. No doctor has ever said a word to me about doing anything about the m. pneumoniae and I just ignored it. Huh -

I'd be very interested in whether the hyssinol is equally effective at killing it off without affecting the microbiome.
I'll be very interested to see this too! Unfortunately because I felt so well yesterday and had unexpected energy, I promptly did too much and re-crashed! It was like finding money on the sidewalk, where you don't think of saving it but just spend it as quickly as possible! :aghhh: Every once in awhile I do that - it's like I forget that crashing is always waiting in the wings and I throw caution to the wind ...

I'm wondering, since I get sick each time I crash, whether the Hyssinol will be something I have to take each time I crash, or whether it really might help eradicate this mycoplasma - I'll keep you posted!

Mary

Moderator Resource
I'd like to know, too ....

@Mary, you post the coolest things .... I have much the same approach to healing in terms of sticking to the natural whenever possible, or at least giving it the first turn at bat ... thanks for this ....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :rocket::rocket:
Hi Yippee - I'll keep you posted too!

I do generally try non-prescription methods first - fewer unwanted "side" (actual) effects. Like they used to give women hormones made from pregnant horses' urine! Why??? Of course we won't do well with that and it's the synthetic progesterone and horse hormones that caused all the problems for women. Why not just give them the bio-identical hormones their bodies make? (money of course)

I wish I had known that mycoplama pneumoniae was most likely the cause of this recurrent sinus infection. Like I said, no doctor ever took this seriously and they would just shrug when they saw my abnormal immune test results. So I was a bit stunned by what my chiropractor picked up with this testing. And I know it's not scientific in the usual sense, though I am getting results. Actually, will see how I do tomorrow after re-crashing today - I will probably have to buy a case of the Hyssinol! :sluggish:

YippeeKi YOW !!

it's like I forget that crashing is always waiting in the wings and I throw caution to the wind ...
I think that, at least for me, it's more like knowing that those remarkable days where we suddenlt feel closer to normal ain't gonna last, and it's a frantic effort to get stuff done while we can. Like spinning the cylinder in a game of Russian Roulette. Cause, you know, maybe this time we won't crash :rolleyes::rolleyes: ....

So yeah, hope and denial .... constant companions.

Lieselotte

@Mary , I had a Mycoplasma Pneumonia infection. This was leading up to my CFS. Now my MP antibody levels are high, but not within the level of concern, per my doctor.

Here are the things I think helped: Lots of natural herbal stuff (Biocidin, Arteminsin Solo, Transfactor Plasmyc, Mycoplasma Series Therapy, 10PPM Silver supplement, Microbinate (swapped out for the Biocidin and Arteminsin at some point).
Also, 25g vitamin C IVs. I did all this stuff for about a year. There might have been some I didn't keep track of.

Something at the time was messing with my head badly, and I think it was the mycoplasma (or mycoplasma + EBV). I had the strangest depression I've ever had. I never had any respiratory symptoms.

YippeeKi YOW !!

So I was a bit stunned by what my chiropractor picked up with this testing.
A good chiropractor, if you can find one, is an enormous benefit. Most of the really good ones (and they're few and far between), the ones who are genuinely interested in overall wellness and ways to deal with its absence, are trained in multiple healing methods and potential treatments, and they have the additional benefit of not being reductive and simplistic in their views and approaches to diagnosis and treatment, whereas most Drs have raised Occam's Razor to the level of a minor religion ....
And I know it's not scientific in the usual sense, though I am getting results
I have to admit that the methodology of muscle testing is hard to get my head around, but the results that your chiro gets from it are totally indisputable !!!

Mary

Moderator Resource
I have to admit that the methodology of muscle testing is hard to get my head around,
That seems to be the most common reaction from people who've never experienced it. I first tried it with a chiro back in the mid-1990's. I'd been getting sick for some 7 years by then with no help from doctors (pre ME/CFS), so literally had nothing to lose except $50. So I gave it a go - and was very surprised. I didn't care how it worked or if it made sense to me - it was the first thing that provided me any help in all that time, and it's continued to help me. I don't think it's ever hurt me either! It doesn't always have the answers, it hasn't solved everything, but it has solved a lot of things for me and has enabled me to experiment with a lot of things I might not have otherwise tried.

but the results that your chiro gets from it are totally indisputable !!!
:thumbsup::nerd:

YippeeKi YOW !!

That seems to be the most common reaction from people who've never experienced it.
I did experience it. Like you, as a response to profound lack of any help or interest or support from allopathic medicine, but I wasn't as lucky as you were, and the 2 practitioners I went to that utilized it were clearly inept. I got no worthwhile or usable result at all ....

Which brings us back to the benefits of finding a really really good practitioner, which you clearly have, you lucky duck, whether chiropractor, DO, ND, Integrative Doctor, homeopath, whatever ....

Learner1

thanks for the article and info! That really does sound like a grueling regimen your doctor put you on! How long ago did you finish - you said you're still dealing with the aftermath. No doctor has ever said a word to me about doing anything about the m. pneumoniae and I just ignored it. Huh -
I did it from December 2016 to April 2017, and it seems to have killed to he mycoplasma and pneumonias. Read up on Garth Nicolson and learn how he learned about there. I followed up on the IV protocol with nutrient supplementation and lipid replacement with the NT factor product.

The still dealing with it issues is that the antibiotics killed off all the oxalate degrading bacteria in my gut, So now I have to be on a low oxalate diet which pretty much negates eating any plant-based proteins or root vegetables or spinach, while taking supplements to deal with it. But with the decrease in fatigue I got with treating it, if I had to do it over again, I would.
I'll be very interested to see this too! Unfortunately because I felt so well yesterday and had unexpected energy, I promptly did too much and re-crashed! It was like finding money on the sidewalk, where you don't think of saving it but just spend it as quickly as possible! :aghhh: Every once in awhile I do that - it's like I forget that crashing is always waiting in the wings and I throw caution to the wind ...
Oh, so sorry you crashed! :bang-head:

Yes, it's important to plan things in small chunks, and with patient friends or family who will accompany you, so you don't have to get stranded anywhere.
I'm wondering, since I get sick each time I crash, whether the Hyssinol will be something I have to take each time I crash, or whether it really might help eradicate this mycoplasma - I'll keep you posted!
I think the difference is, do these substances actually kill the bacteria that they're intended to, or, is it just boosting your immune system And beating back the mycoplasma to a degree,, but leaving you vulnerable to it's proliferation when the next little stressor or hiccup comes along before roaring back to life. A few cycles of this and you have an entrenched infection that's resistant, by one, to each thing you try.

In my case, I'd taken several high quality herbals including andrographis, high dose IV vitamin C, and IV artesunate. So I decide to whack the beast with a bat and hit it between the eyes, so I could move on to other aspects of getting better...

Learner1

Which brings us back to the benefits of finding a really really good practitioner, which you clearly have, you lucky duck, whether chiropractor, DO, ND, Integrative Doctor, homeopath, whatever ....
I agree. And, where I live, there are a few good functional med MDs. We have NDs here but I've learned they can't prescribe the treatments I need.

YippeeKi YOW !!

A few cycles of this and you have an entrenched infection that's resistant, by one, to each thing you try.
That;s always been my concern with immunity 'boosters' and the gentler but fairly fairly effective herbals for infections. But too much of a coward to put myself in the hands of Drs again, at least for now ....
We have NDs here but I've learned they can't prescribe the treatments I need.
The two I went to were in practice with fully-licensed Drs who could prescribe anything they couldn't. But I don;t think naturopaths are what they used to be, merging more and more firmly with the Western allopathic medical philosophy and views .... saaaaaad :(:(:( .....