• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

https://youtu.be/fsxnw2caw5c Thiamine deficiency as a main contributor to cfs

Shanti1

Administrator
I wonder if most of those who greatly benefit from high dose thiamine, CFS/ME/POTS was not triggered by infection. I have watched many interviews and one of the most common thing amongst people who benefit greatly or even achieve remission with thiamine is that they have had CFS-like symptoms throughout their life or the disease was triggered by unknown cause.

Am I wrong?
I don't know what the case is for the majority, but my ME/CFS is EBV related and I respond very well to thiamine as allithiamine and also as thiamine pyrophosphate.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Molybdenum scares me. I'm part of a b group that insists on that but it seems to give people reactions.
I can take it in a very low dose multi but feel a little ill if I just take it on it's own. There is a thread on here somewhere where someone talks about taking it with boron so I wonder if that's a needed co-factor. Too tired to link that right now. Maybe I can come back later and do so.

What kind of reactions are they mentioning in that b-vitamin group you mentioned and is it mostly in people with ME, do you know?

Oliver3

Hi...I can't remember the reactions but molu seemed like the real humdinger.
It's for autism, m.e.lymes nerve issues etc.
There have been some total recoveries from almost Whitney like states, lots of people not getting anywhere much so far...I just haven't the tenacity or money for it...they advise transdermal b vits

Judee

.they advise transdermal b vits
Can you make a diy version? One man in the comments on hormonesmatter mentioned doing that with the ttfd and coconut oil, I think.

I tried it with the Ecological Formulas version but the capsule has something gritty in it, I think silica, it so it didn't work that well.

Anyway, just a thought.

Last edited:

Judee

@Oliver3, are you in the group that Jadzhia talks about in this thread and post 121: https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...-to-b12-injections.75317/page-10#post-2426509

Is that the group you keep referring to? @Jadzhia said there, "An awful lot of folk in the FB group of Greg's do get these reactions, some after adding in just a tiny amount of any of Iodide, selenite, molybdate, B2, B12... the list goes on!"

That's what made me think you might be talking about the same group. ??

I'm still trying to find a way to not be so sensitive to all this so that it will work for me.

GreenEdge

Since taking just 4 capsules of TTFD and then stopping, I have continued to get better everyday - so it appears the TTFD has kick started a recovery.

To see if I still get PEM, I went for a 800m bare foot run.

I will report back...
I got PEM from lower back and pelvic muscle fatigue. Also my calf and foot arch muscles are sore.
1 week has passed and I feel like it will probably take me another week to bounce back.

Last edited:

Forummember9922

Just wanted to add to this thread that on my cfs onset last xmas I definitely had some Beri Beri sides of the mouth sores action going on (for the first time i can remember), implying some potential relation, albeit direct or downstream, of thiamine lacking or not transporting somewhere

Last edited:

sunshine44

Que sera sera
I've started taking lions mane mushroom powder to add to things.
There is a discernible improvement again.
I'm being careful with dosing.
I've spent 4 days in a row, 6 hours out , driving shopping etc.
It's been hard at times. But that was impossible before. Again I don't know if this will last but I've felt FEELINGS again other than dread and horror

I just began taking lions mane 2 months ago and am having considerable brain and circulatory and possibly myelin improvements. Not sure exactly but something is happening. I like you have been experimenting with medicinal mushrooms again for 2? Years now. I’ve been in sun potion Cordyceps which has helped me as well. But lions mane, is so far like, light years from where I’ve ever been. I am fully bedridden but in wheelchair was just able to lie on my couch in living from for first time in FIVE years. Not sure if it will happen again but I’ve tried previously. Couldn’t do it before. I know it is capable of repairing myelin sheath and neurons and inhibiting certain viral and bacterial growth. Whatever it is, I like it but I’m going real low and slow.

sunshine44

Que sera sera
Also, transdermal B1 saved my life I believe in 2020 which I document in my blog here. I now take beef organ capsules and moringa which each have b1 and have lowered my transdermal dose.

B1 seems to act as some sort of cellular catalyst? In me. What Eliot Overton talks about makes sense as his method is using it as therapeutic and not from a deficiency. Hence, almost viewing it from a completely new perspective. That being said, multiple alternative practioners believe I was in a state of berberi that was never tested for or even considered. So, hard to say if it was my blood levels alone or the way my cellular uptake if it was compromised. I know Lyme and coinfections eats through b1 and other b vitamins which I contend with.

I of course added magnesium, b complex and potassium with mine eventually. And I went very low and slow. And I was mostly transdermal only for a long time.

Oliver3

I just began taking lions mane 2 months ago and am having considerable brain and circulatory and possibly myelin improvements. Not sure exactly but something is happening. I like you have been experimenting with medicinal mushrooms again for 2? Years now. I’ve been in sun potion Cordyceps which has helped me as well. But lions mane, is so far like, light years from where I’ve ever been. I am fully bedridden but in wheelchair was just able to lie on my couch in living from for first time in FIVE years. Not sure if it will happen again but I’ve tried previously. Couldn’t do it before. I know it is capable of repairing myelin sheath and neurons and inhibiting certain viral and bacterial growth. Whatever it is, I like it but I’m going real low and slow.
That's fantastic. Keep it low and slow..anything that gives us that little bit of a barrier between the beast and our health is great. Thanks for the insight and encouragement

Oliver3

Also, transdermal B1 saved my life I believe in 2020 which I document in my blog here. I now take beef organ capsules and moringa which each have b1 and have lowered my transdermal dose.

B1 seems to act as some sort of cellular catalyst? In me. What Eliot Overton talks about makes sense as his method is using it as therapeutic and not from a deficiency. Hence, almost viewing it from a completely new perspective. That being said, multiple alternative practioners believe I was in a state of berberi that was never tested for or even considered. So, hard to say if it was my blood levels alone or the way my cellular uptake if it was compromised. I know Lyme and coinfections eats through b1 and other b vitamins which I contend with.

I of course added magnesium, b complex and potassium with mine eventually. And I went very low and slow. And I was mostly transdermal only for a long time.
Where did you source the transdermal b1 out of Interest.
Just sipping on some lion's mane tea as we speak. I cycle it so as not to get used to the effects

Back