• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

HTLV-1 and Valproic Acid

Daffodil

If XMRV / MLV's behave similarly to HTLV-1, ie. causing problems mainly through accumulation of proviral loads via cell mitosis, i wonder if Valproic acid might help. There is an ongoing trial of Valproic acid in HAM/TSP and this article states that it can reactivate HTLV-1 and make it susceptible to immune system mechanisms:

bloodjournal.hematologylibrary.org/cgi/reprint/110/10/3722.pdf

they tried it to clear HIV but it didnt work. however, our requirements might be different.

xrayspex

thanks for posting this. when i realized that defreitas said her viral discovry was htlv-like I searched HTLV on pub med this summer and noticed a dearth of research on it imho the last 20 years. doesnt seem like they got aggressively on trying to figure that one out.

Daffodil

yes..i know a man who has HTLV-1 and a CFS-like syndrome...he is adamant that the gov't (reagan admin) tried to cover that one up too and spends a lot of his time advocating.