• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

hs-CRP

sunshine44

Que sera sera
I have incredibly elevated hs-CRP levels. They've been elevated for years of this illness but now they are rather high. Due to being severe, i am currently without a Dr (yes, i have tried many, many things to get into one...but its a incredibly long story of why i keep being rejected medical care that i prefer to not get into here). Looking to see if others have experience with hs-CRP levels. Probably going to look for a way to do a ANA test next.

I'm so over illness.

perchance dreamer

You could google B12 and CRP. My CRP was elevated, and increasing B12, methyl in my case, helped bring the CRP back to normal. I do methyl B12 in combination with B6, methyl folate, and folinic acid.

sunshine44

Que sera sera
You could google B12 and CRP. My CRP was elevated, and increasing B12, methyl in my case, helped bring the CRP back to normal. I do methyl B12 in combination with B6, methyl folate, and folinic acid.

thank you. I am dong b complex and 2 B12 blood tests have shown i am now at the top of the tier for B12 levels. I continue to not absorb D very well though. That is one that is still very low. I am now at 13 which is better than previous, 6.

perchance dreamer

@sunshine44, have you tried liquid vitamin D? I absorb Xymogen Vitamin D drops well. I keep the bottle in the refrigerator. Pure Encapsulations, another very good brand, makes vitamin D drops, too, and it's available from Amazon.

sunshine44

Que sera sera
@sunshine44, have you tried liquid vitamin D? I absorb Xymogen Vitamin D drops well. I keep the bottle in the refrigerator. Pure Encapsulations, another very good brand, makes vitamin D drops, too, and it's available from Amazon.

thank you. I have premier brand liquid drops. I might need to up it but problem being is i experience issues if i go above 5000 IU a day. For years now my D will barely budge no matter what. A Dr friend was just telling me this is super common with CIRS, etc. and no matter how much i try to up it, it won't move until i address other factors.

kangaSue

I continue to not absorb D very well though.
I was in a similar position and had not been able to get my vit D level up for a number of years even with trying megadose vit D injections of 600,000 iu (I don't tolerate oral forms of vit D). However once I started supplementing with taurine (because this is deficient in my diet), my vit D level also improved with having injections of 100,00 iu every 2 months (and I now just need these injections every 6 months).

It's long been hypothesised that taurine can aid with improved bioavailability of lipid soluble vitamins;
https://www.researchgate.net/public...arrier_of_lipid_soluble_vitamins_A_hypothesis

Pearshaped

highly doubt that there is a common link.
My B12 is much too high and so is my CRP.

Pearshaped

I have incredibly elevated hs-CRP levels. They've been elevated for years of this illness but now they are rather high. Due to being severe, i am currently without a Dr (yes, i have tried many, many things to get into one...but its a incredibly long story of why i keep being rejected medical care that i prefer to not get into here). Looking to see if others have experience with hs-CRP levels. Probably going to look for a way to do a ANA test next.

I'm so over illness.

its a good idea to get tested for ANAs.
Since I have the same problem, (even though I actually have a Dr)
Im of no help here.
Keep is posted if you find the cause.