• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to Titrate to Get Out of Donut Hole Insufficiency

L'engle

moogle
@Eastman Thanks for the links. Those are to improvements in cognitive or mental states but I feel thiamine is doing far more than that. I half-wondered if cells get so disordered that lactic acid builds up because I recall thiamine being very useful for that.

Your links also mention lithum. I read Yasko advocate taking lithum for B12 problems. I ordered lithium orotate but then discovered I couldn't find anything to support the use of lithium for B12 and have never got round to trying it.

I would be very careful with lithium orotate. Even small amounts can have huge effects. I took 5 tablets of it back in 2013 and since then have had problems with runaway mineral loss. Runaway potassium loss if I take in B12 and runaway magnesium loss if I take in vitamin d, even in small quantities. Possibly it improves transport of the vitamins and so more minerals are needed. Possibly it messes up something to do with the metabolism of minerals. I have no idea but it is not something I would wish on anyone. I have heard of at least one other person having terrible side effects from it as well. Maybe it helps some people but it is not without risk.

pamojja

Possibly it improves transport of the vitamins and so more minerals are needed. Possibly it messes up something to do with the metabolism of minerals.

Exactly. It improves transport and metabolism. The mess only comes from co-nutrients not available in sufficient amounts. But if one is able to adjust doses accordingly, one comes out the other side healthier.

On another thread I asked for help understanding my recurrent blood blisters in my mouth, a new symptom. Freddd suggested this might be folate, as a presentation of epithelial cells demonstrating deficiency.
@ahmo I too get (blood) blisters in my mouth, almost always after eating. I read that you treated this symptom by taking folate supplementation? Did you also get the blister after eating or did they develop spontaneously and have you been able to get rid of them once and for all or did they reoccur?

ahmo

@ahmo I too get (blood) blisters in my mouth, almost always after eating. I read that you treated this symptom by taking folate supplementation? Did you also get the blister after eating or did they develop spontaneously and have you been able to get rid of them once and for all or did they reoccur?
My blisters were unrelated to eating. Just spontaneous. They haven't recurred for a few years. I also wondered if they're a mast cell symptom. I can't find my reference just now. Called bellous pemphigoid. But wwhen I look at the info now, this might only refer to blisters, not blood blisters???It's another autoimmune condition.