• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

how to keep the inmune system strong?

Mary

Moderator Resource
What does do you take daily of Andrographis? I have been taking it when a virus starts but discontinue at the end. I am getting over yet another very nasty cold which turned into an infected throat so have needed a antibiotic this time. This winter I have been ill with a virus more times than I have felt well.

Also what does do you take of lysine? I am sure I have got that in the cupboard too!
When sick, I take three 400 mg. tablets or capsules a day, one with each meal. When I'm recovered I generally take 2 a day as a maintenance dose, but will take a break every couple of weeks.

Also, when sick I've added in an echinacea/goldenseal combo, to take with the andrographis. But I only take this when sick, and stop it as soon as I've recovered. The echinacea/goldenseal should not be taken long-term.

I take 2000 mg lysine a day. And I take about 6000 - 8000 mg. vitamin C a day, in divided doses.

bertiedog

Thank Mary you have encouraged me to take it for at least another month at a lower dose. I also add in a tincture of Echinacea Augustofolia when the virus first starts. Unfortunately I had a gut bug the day before this cold started and I felt too ill to stomach the tincture and that is why I have been so bad this time and it turned into an infection.

Will also give the lysine a go and already take lots of vitamin C.

Pam