• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to convert 23andMe "I" numbers to "RS" numbers?

stetson28

If it aint broke don't fix it...but.
Is anyone aware of a good source or forum discussion that describes how to convert the 23andMe "I" numbers that they use to conceal in some cases pathogenic disease causing mutations?
There used to be a member on this site that created a database that would convert many of the "I" numbers to "RS" numbers but she is no longer active.
For those of you who are not aware of what I'm asking 23andMe uses their own internal numbers that start with the letter "I" to marker various things for their own data testing.
In some cases the number simply represents a position that does not have a corresponding SNP. However they also conceal particularly high risk snp's to presumably avoid FDA scrutiny.