• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How Sleep Clears Toxins from the Brain

YippeeKi YOW !!

What I'm curious to know is whether switching into temporary PEM remission is common while the person's conscious and aware of it happening (ie during the day), or whether it's mostly present on waking after a sleep (ie a full nights sleep, or even after a 'deep' daytime nap). I'm trying to connect it back to the whole 'sleep clearing toxins from the brain' thing. I guess I'll have to do some further searches. I'm not sure if I have the privileges yet to start a poll, as I'm only new on the forum.
I've read both occurences in several threads here, directly after waking from sleep, and also quite suddenly, in the middle of a day, for no apparent reason. So like everything else with this murderous little mugger of an illness, it's different for everyone.

If you'd like to start a poll, you can ask one of the mods to help you. I'm tagging in @Mary, but I think she's out of town for Thanksgiving. If there's no response, tag me and I'll tag in another mod who I know can help you with setting up a poll thread. I think it's a worthy subject that will pull a lot of interest, both from those seeking answers and from those who have a few to give.

If you'd like to start a poll, you can ask one of the mods to help you. I'm tagging in @Mary, but I think she's out of town for Thanksgiving. If there's no response, tag me and I'll tag in another mod who I know can help you with setting up a poll thread. I think it's a worthy subject that will pull a lot of interest, both from those seeking answers and from those who have a few to give.

Thanks @YippeeKi YOW !! I'll try and get my head around how best to word it over the weekend, and perhaps a poll can be set up. I'm curious to find out more about short-term / unexpected PEM remission, and what the ratio might be between daytime initiation, or nighttime (after a sleep).