• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How safe is Hulda Clark Hydrochloric Acid 5% for improving stomach ph?

I'm trying to attack my SIBO/SIFO from other angles, my current goal is to lower the PH in my stomach to improve my digestion, unfortunately I can't take Betaine HCL or Apple Cider Vinegar, malic acid could perhaps worsen MCAS/HIT and cholagogue and cholinergic plants such as gentian root or artichoke are discouraged when there is a gallbladder problem, but while wandering around the internet I found this peculiar supplement; Hydrochloric Acid 5%, I didn't know this could be ingested, does anyone know the safety of supplementing with something like this?

Another interesting thing is that for a brief period I supplemented with 500mg of sodium phosphate monohydrate once or twice a day, bizarrely my digestion, bowel movements and sinusitis improved a lot, what is the relationship between phosphate and stomach pH? Thank you all!