• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

how long will testing all fda approved drugs take? (metabolic trap)

godlovesatrier

Well Naviaux is the one doing the suramin trials. But due to covid his trials have been a bit derailed. (this was the last newsletter: https://naviauxlab.ucsd.edu/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Naviaux-Lab-Newsletter-Winter-2019_v10_sm.pdf)

It needs to be administered via IV at any rate and it's not clear from the study what quantity was administered. Not that you would exactly DIY that, that would be nuts.

He needs to really qualify why it's working in his autistic patients and see something similar in his ME trial for it to make sense.

Suramin is a drug that treats west nile virus, it's a very old drug.

I don't think anyone knows the answer to your question. But what I decided to do instead of waiting was go through Hip's recovery thread and research and list all the things in there and gradually go through them, taking them individually to see if I got any improvement or help. I also mixed this up by cross referencing with any health rising articles cort posted that were of value.

I have about 80 things to trial in the list and I've probably done 25 of them over the last 5 years. With long gaps in between. But this can sometimes be a quicker way to find some relief, as even Prusty said it will take ages, I think he was trying to find a nice way to say it but it is what it is.
@godlovesatrier I see you're experimenting too, want to connect to exchange what worked and didn't work?

dylemmaz

So now its this new yeast that is trapped. Now we need robots repaired. I suspect testing the yeast is a more specific route which also further confirms the trap theory (as opposed to just addressing correcting "something" in the blood). Is this a money issue? If so how much fixes it? The question: how long would it take on FDA drugs- well the first step might be: how long does it take to test one sample? Then there is replication.[/QUOTE said:
im not exactly sure what the purpose of the experiment is. i was thinking it was strictly to find a way to get the yeast out of the metabolic trap that its in. and then from there i suspect if a drug succeeded at doing so they would move to trialing the drug in human cells of cfs patients to see if it had a similar mechanism of action and caused similar changes i.e fixed the trap (this would probably be noticed if me/cfs patients kynerunine levels returned to normal in the cells? i believe it’s been observed by davis that cell levels of kynerunine are low in cfs patients?). so in some way i guess it is an experiment that will lead to an answer to both how do we fix the trap and does the trap work? i’m not sure, i’m just speculating

i don’t think it’s a money issue. ron has recently asked for funding for a new microscope but did not mention anything for the robots (in his Q and A from yesterday). i suspect he has the funds for the robot and or someone to fix it. not positive though.

as to how long it takes to test the samples, i am not sure. ron said it would be a quick and easy process to test the drugs once the robots were fixed, but i don’t know at all how long that could mean. months i assume?

dylemmaz

I don't think anyone knows the answer to your question. But what I decided to do instead of waiting was go through Hip's recovery thread and research and list all the things in there and gradually go through them, taking them individually to see if I got any improvement or help. I also mixed this up by cross referencing with any health rising articles cort posted that were of value.

I have about 80 things to trial in the list and I've probably done 25 of them over the last 5 years. With long gaps in between. But this can sometimes be a quicker way to find some relief, as even Prusty said it will take ages, I think he was trying to find a nice way to say it but it is what it is.
thanks! i’ve actually read a good bit of the recovery stories and have my own list of things to trial! trialing different medications and supplements is just about the only thing that gives me hope aside from rons research