• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How long for new test results?

I'm about to pony up for the serology and culture tests from VIP. The kit should be waiting and I have a doctor to order the draw and test. My question: how long has it taken for results on the new tests? Has anyone gotten results back yet?:confused:

Daffodil

VIp told me yesterday that it will now take 8 weeks to get results for the serology test.

*GG*

VIp told me yesterday that it will now take 8 weeks to get results for the serology test.

The serology is another method that you can pay for, if you want, correct? Is the wait shorter without serology?

I am curious because I am wondering what this means for me in regards to blood I had drawn as part of an NIH study in the beginning of August!

I offered more blood if needed, I guess they haven't found XMRV in me and this is there response to my request of my XMRV status:

"Your blood is negative for XMRV so far. Testing continues. I will let you know if/when I hear differently."

I believe they are looking for the MLVs also now since the news broke at the beginning of this month!

Daffodil

gg....interesting! i have no idea. i dont think VIP is doing the testing for the NIH study, are they?

ukxmrv

VIP told me that it would be about the same time of any test (8 weeks) when I asked recently for a friend. About 8 weeks.

C

Cloud

Oh no....8 weeks? They told me 4-6 weeks....but that was a month ago. Maybe they are more backed up now.

They told me today (October 1st) 8-weeks. They fax the results to your doctor... so, if you've been waiting especially long, you might want to check with your MD. After they send results to your doctor, you can sign a release to receive a copy of the results yourself.

Lynn

I called on Tuesday, 5 weeks after I sent the test in. Even though I sent my blood sample in on the first day VIP offered the test, they still had not started the process. They told me my test is in the next batch to run and will take another two weeks to process.

I wonder what they do with that fresh blood? It can't be very fresh once they run the test. Maybe they have to freeze it after all.

Lynn

C

Cloud

I called on Tuesday, 5 weeks after I sent the test in. Even though I sent my blood sample in on the first day VIP offered the test, they still had not started the process. They told me my test is in the next batch to run and will take another two weeks to process.

I wonder what they do with that fresh blood? It can't be very fresh once they run the test. Maybe they have to freeze it after all.

Lynn

They got mine the same day (8-23), and actually it was a re-do from May. I had the draw done originally in May, but apparently the specimen wasn't viable after that long. I'm kinda bummed the results are once again pushed out because I keep rescheduling my return appointment to include these Serology results. Results or not, I'm going to Tahoe this next week.