• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How is Pseudomonas aeruginosa diagnosed?

Peyt

Hi,
Can anyone tell me how is P.A diagnosed? Is it a swab culture test or blood test or....?
And is this something that an ENT would be able to test for or is it a different specialty?
Thanks

ljimbo423

Hi,
Can anyone tell me how is P.A diagnosed? Is it a swab culture test or blood test or....?
And is this something that an ENT would be able to test for or is it a different specialty?
Thanks

My Pseudomonas aeruginosa pathogenic overgrowth was found by a Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis (CDSA). I gave a stool sample and that was analyzed.

You can have an infection of P.A. almost anywhere in the body though.

Peyt

My Pseudomonas aeruginosa pathogenic overgrowth was found by a Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis (CDSA). I gave a stool sample and that was analyzed.

You can have an infection of P.A. almost anywhere in the body though.

Yes mine too. It was first diagnosed in my GI Map test which is a stool test. However, I am noticing if I want to get a wider scope of treatment for this issue than just herbs and supplements I need to have a M.D. diagnose this via a more medically accepted test. The infectious disease doctor that I spoke to does not think GI Map is a viable test and before giving me any treatment he wants me to go to an ENT and ask for further testing... I want to be prepared when I go see the ENT by knowing exactly what kind of test to ask for.

ljimbo423

However, I am noticing if I want to get a wider scope of treatment for this issue than just herbs and supplements I need to have a M.D. diagnose this via a more medically accepted test.

I wish you the best of luck!:thumbsup: I hope you get the treatment you need and would really like to hear how that turns out.