• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How do you deal eith both POTS and low ADH

Aerose91

I havent figured out how to manage these two together. For POTS you need tons of salt, but for diabetes insipidus you need way more water. I can't drink straight water, it will crash me bad so it leaves me feeling like there is no good option. Anyone deal with this and I hate to ask but..... is low ADH even curable?

Booble

Not sure I'm following. For POTS you need a lot of salt AND a lot of water.

For water I've found that for me if I drink a lot toward the end of the night before bed I do best. My intestines sometimes don't like when I drink water during the day so I have to be careful. Plus oddly sometimes the water during the day brings on a bit of brain fog at first, even though after awhile being more hydrated helps the brain. Go figure.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I havent figured out how to manage these two together. For POTS you need tons of salt, but for diabetes insipidus you need way more water. I can't drink straight water, it will crash me bad so it leaves me feeling like there is no good option. Anyone deal with this and I hate to ask but..... is low ADH even curable?

Desmopressin/minirin can help. Sometimes drinking too much water can dilute your sodium levels and you can be hyponatremic. Hyponatremia alone can cause severe fatigue. With insipidus ive found its better to over do the salt then under do it. Blood work when taking salt tabs as well, sodium is nowhere near high but that's me. Trial and error.

Aerose91

Yah I'm so sensitive to my salt/water balance, if I dont nail it 100% it screws my mental state uo BAD. Which, unfortunately ends up being every day. I found the most stabilization with getting saline IV's but I can't afford to do them regularly. Its such a crappy cycle