• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How do I decide whether my amalgams are an issue?

seamyb

I already know that I have issues with mold and candida and have a lot of observational evidence to support this.

I have 7 amalgam fillings in my face. High grade mercury, only the finest.

Is there any consensus on testing for mercury accumulation? Are there symptoms associated with it? Would it be wise to take a load of ALA to see if I collapse?

Really struggling to work out if amalgam illness is a real factor, generally or in me, or whether it's the crackpot pseudoscience many claim.

Rufous McKinney

attrition just is sort of constant, you'll likely be replacing those amalgam fillings over time, and yes, its more costly to do the other type.

They like how mercury is this soft metal so you bite down on it, its a bit flexible, brats.

I'd try to get them replaced if you can.

the dentist I had a war with, installed the wrong crowns and I paid for fully porceline crowns and found out they lied, and put metal in there,. I'm furious really and should have sued them.

GlassCannonLife

I already know that I have issues with mold and candida and have a lot of observational evidence to support this.

I have 7 amalgam fillings in my face. High grade mercury, only the finest.

Is there any consensus on testing for mercury accumulation? Are there symptoms associated with it? Would it be wise to take a load of ALA to see if I collapse?

Really struggling to work out if amalgam illness is a real factor, generally or in me, or whether it's the crackpot pseudoscience many claim.

I don't think it's wise to take a load of ALA and see if you collapse as you could cause some real damage..

It is probably worthwhile to remove them regardless of what they're doing currently. Surely it's always better to have less toxic metal in your mouth than more?

Tammy

Personally, I wouldn't have them removed unless you notice breakage of tooth. I think there is more risk of mercury exposure having them removed.

Last edited:

Wishful

Surely it's always better to have less toxic metal in your mouth than more?

No, because the amount of mercury absorbed during removing the fillings may be much higher than the amount than absorbed by leaving them in place for several decades.

High grade mercury, only the finest.

Of course it's high grade. But it's locked in the amalgam, so only a small amount leaves while it's in your tooth. Yes, amalgam fillings and mercury testing are controversial topics. You have to read the information from both sides and come to your own conclusion. I think they're not a significant problem, but that's just my opinion.

GlassCannonLife

No, because the amount of mercury absorbed during removing the fillings may be much higher than the amount than absorbed by leaving them in place for several decades.

Of course it's high grade. But it's locked in the amalgam, so only a small amount leaves while it's in your tooth. Yes, amalgam fillings and mercury testing are controversial topics. You have to read the information from both sides and come to your own conclusion. I think they're not a significant problem, but that's just my opinion.

True, I didn't realise that. Luckily I only had mercury fillings in my child teeth (milk teeth? Can't remember what they're called) so I haven't had to worry about this at least.

Rufous McKinney

It is probably worthwhile to remove them regardless of what they're doing currently. Surely it's always better to have less toxic metal in your mouth than more?

there are methods for removing mercury fillings to reduce exposure to mercury being freed up by getting rid of the amalgam...use of rubber dam, for instance.

Rufous McKinney

so I haven't had to worry about this at least.

How lucky you are.

generally, the presence of the physical metal isn't good either in my personal opinion, and being someone who uses energetic medicine (Chinese traditional).

CSMLSM

Personally, I wouldn't have them removed unless you notice breakage of tooth. I think there is more risk of mercury exposure having them removed.
I agree.

Though we now know we should avoid mercury fillings, already having them we should avoid the least exposure possible.

Removing can be worse than leaving alone from what I understand. Unless you have a ton of money and trust them to actually prevent you from getting the exposure your trying to avoid.

Like another poster said he should have sued for not getting what he paid for, could happen with the removal of the fillings. What then? sue for mercury exposure, what good will that do you when you have mercury in your brain affecting IQ points and who knows what else.

Daniel