• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How did you get diagnosed with neuropathy?

xebex

if you have zero finger wrinkles after 20 min in hot water, it's a symptom.
Another easy symptom you can see is lack of hairs on legs

Leg hair loss (leg alopecia), a sign of neuropathy in Diabetes, 2019 | Phoenix Rising ME/CFS Forums

But if you wish to be tested for SFN, it may be better to talk about tingling in hands and feet or burning sensations.
yep i have no wrinkles I did the test, i get stinging feet if i've been standing up too long, it goes away if i lie down, no tingling or burning sensations elsewhere - i have hair loss on legs but its from top down not bottom up, i test negative for diabetes. so lots of "half" symptoms

Last edited:

pattismith

yep i have no wrinkles I did the test, i get stinging feet if i've been standing up too long, it goes away if i lie down, no tingling or burning sensations elsewhere - i have hair loss on legs but its from top down not bottom up, i test negative for diabetes. so lots of "half" symptoms
you don't need to have diabeter in order to have hair loss from neuropathy.

Did you checked if you have toes wrinkles in water?

Last edited:

pogoman

And how are you treating it?

I have told my past doctors of nerve jolts at night where an itch turns into bam!
Went on carbamazepine then currently oxcarbazepine the past few years, its helped.
Pain symptoms became more spine centric so previous neuro ordered MRI of upper and lower spine earlier this year.
It found cervical scoliosis and multilevel spondylosis, he had also suspected radiculopathy altho there were no signs of nerve root impingement.
No other treatment except I've found backwards/sideways back stretches have helped.

xebex

you don't need to have diabeter in order to have hair loss from neuropathy.

Did you checked if you have toes wrinkles in water?

I’ll check again, if I remember they wrinkled more than the fingers which is weird seeing as my feet are the things with the symptoms, no other symptoms in my hands. I do believe I have neuropathy in my core if that’s such a thing, I get weird sensations like I have no muscles there but no odd skin sensations.

2Cor.12:19

And how are you treating it?

@ChookityPop Yes, I was diagnosed with Ideopathic Axonal Polyneuropathy by my neurologist through a lengthy series of tests including blood tests to rule out multiple other causes, CT head scan, and EMG and nerve conduction studies.

Symptoms: Vibrating feelings inside my legs, feet and legs feel numbish, like I've got tight stockings on them. On the one hand I can step on something and not feel it while at the same time they're sensitive to the slightest thing. Stepping on a crumb might feel sharp, so I always wear shoes or slippers. My neuro doc wants me to check my feet daily for injuries. It sometimes causes jelly legs upon standing and feeling a bit faint.

Even though my dx was classified as severe based on nerve conduction tests, I've been very fortunate not to need any pain meds so far (knock on wood). It's possible that the low dose naltrexone, and maybe even the Tumeric I take is helping this.

PN also affects my balance so I use a cane when I go out. For more info on the different types and causes of Peripheral Neuropathy here's a good source. It's not fatal - just a pain in the butt. LOL.

https://www.foundationforpn.org/what-is-peripheral-neuropathy/

Best wishes to you.