• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How can I interpret 23andme results?

I got this test as a gift from my brother because I've been the family historian for a long time, but it also includes the medical data.

However, I have *no* idea what it means or what to do with it. I'm not looking for a specific piece of data, just anything that might denote an abnormality and maybe lead to a helpful analysis/treatment. I see columns about "variants" and "genotypes" but nothing I can read in the way I can read my blood labs as being "too high" or "too low."

Can someone point me to a program that can analyse this helpfully? That would do me more good that knowing how many Neandarthal traits I have.

Thank you!

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Did you download your raw data from 23andme?

You can then upload it to a service like Promethease or Sterling's app to get a report that would look similar to the one below.

1636672570959.png

Did you download your raw data from 23andme?

You can then upload it to a service like Promethease or Sterling's app to get a report that would look similar to the one below.

View attachment 45573
Thanks, Judee. So then the green results would be "good" and the red ones would be "bad" and I'd have to find out what the bad results meant?

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I'd have to find out what the bad results meant?

Yeah, but it's a place to start.

As you can see from the snps on my report, MTHFR doesn't seem to be a problem for me. However on other pages of the report, my stage 1 & 2 liver detox (as well as my neurotransmitter pages--serotonin and dopamine) are a mess.

I haven't logged into my Sterling's app for a while but I think they also let you click on some snps and watch a video that gives more info but of course they don't do that for all of them.

Promethese also lets you find snps that have scientific data on them.

Here is a sample report they let you access on their site: https://files.snpedia.com/reports/promethease_data/genome_Lilly_Mendel_v4_ui2.html

Learner1

I got this test as a gift from my brother because I've been the family historian for a long time, but it also includes the medical data.

However, I have *no* idea what it means or what to do with it. I'm not looking for a specific piece of data, just anything that might denote an abnormality and maybe lead to a helpful analysis/treatment. I see columns about "variants" and "genotypes" but nothing I can read in the way I can read my blood labs as being "too high" or "too low."

Can someone point me to a program that can analyse this helpfully? That would do me more good that knowing how many Neandarthal traits I have.

Thank you!
You might also try loading your data into Enlis.