• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How accurate are these tests?

I have been having a lot of health problems this year and was diagnosed with M.E. and then with Fibromyalgia. I had some blood tests done at Armin labs and the Lyme tests came back negative. They showed a chronic mycoplasma infection and I am now being treated with long term antibiotics. The doctor believes I do have Lyme because I have all the symptoms. Could anyone tell me how accurate these tests from Armin are? Is it possible I don’t have Lyme or is it just wishful thinking?

used_to_race

There is a lot of controversy surrounding Armin Labs. Chronic mycoplasma infections are also controversial. I too had positive titers for mycoplasma pneumonia but decided not to pursue it because, for this pathogen in particular, there are lots of false positives. It's not impossible though, and it's something I have considered as well. What is the antibiotic treatment they put you on?

I must be one of the few who tested negative then! I know there are no absolutely reliable tests but Armin was recommended by my doctor so I was hoping it was the best.

I’m now on lymecycline and Rifampicin.