Hunter, when you're out on a relatively dry, breezy day, that's when outdoor mold spores can be the most concentrated in the air. Wet mold spores tend to adhere to the ground and foliage. I'm fine right after a rain, but when things start to dry out a couple of days after a heavy rain - THE WORST! So dry eyes may not be at the root of your eye discomfort.
Using a good eye wash with an eye cup can help though, as it rinses the mold spores out of your eyes. (Using thick eye drops for dry eyes like Liquid Tears, etc., don't help me at all.) I have to use Sensitive Eyes Saline Solution (for rinsing contact lenses) because it doesn't contain the preservative benzalkonium chloride (to which I'm very sensitive - BKC burns my eyes!) - it's used in most regular eyewash formulas.
But you might not be sensitive to benzalkonium chloride - you'll only know if your eyes burn worse after using something that contains it. If so, then switch to a saline solution for contact lenses that doesn't have it.
Interesting. It’s so confusing because I know allergies can also cause dry eye so is the mold allergy I tested positive for technically causing the eye eye sensation that some folks refer to as dry eye? Is the pencilling and candida that prevalent in the outdoor air? So crazy. I do have an appointment with the eye doctor at 1:15 so I’ll report back if it’s at all helpful. But I’ll definitely look into the treatments you suggested. Did you test positive for mold allergy?