• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Home testing kit.

Hi all....

Are those home testing kits for candida any good? I have classic symptoms of candida but the test I used was negative, so wondering if they are accurate.

Thanks all...

Brent

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Are those home testing kits for candida any good? I have classic symptoms of candida but the test I used was negative, so wondering if they are accurate.
What medium to they test and is it a reliable lab? Candida can hang out in so many places!

Runner5

I've had Candida since I was 18 because my digestion sucks. My digestion sucks and my good microbes aren't handling business. (But I'm also female so I get candida yeast infections which are easy to identify and everything else has been ruled out a million times -- this is also a blood sugar issue, if you have blood sugar problems you'll have yeast problems.)

I had Candida long before I got sick though. I had other issues and problems because my diet was abysmal and I was clueless - but it didn't give me fatigue at any time. When it's really bad I'll also have Thrush and other issues with Candida. But mostly with enzymes and watching my sugar I've been able to control it.

I think the Internet turns it into the boogeyman, but that's just an opinion. The great Candida scare of the 90's -- that got me to taking probiotics and caprylic acid and all that good stuff to get rid of it. I did the classic Yeast diets and almost starved but still didn't get rid of it. I believed the books I was reading back then, and I probably would still believe them today if I hadn't lived with this benign condition now for the last few decades.

As a kid I was very very ill and on antibiotics on and off - I estimated that I've been on at minimum 50 rounds of antibiotics before I turned 30. I suspect that's probably why I have a bad GI.