• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Holistic Dentist's Severe Neurological Symptoms and Inability to Sweat Caused by Mercury Toxicity

Wayne

I'm currently watching a YouTube video by a holistic dentist who describes many of the things they do in his office on a regular basis. After about 20 minutes, he mentions his motivation for doing many of the things he does stemmed from his own personal health crisis, which he was able to trace to mercury toxicity.

Interestingly, he hadn't put an amalgam filling in any of his patients mouths for over 20 years. However, he had taken many out, only to discover he hadn't taken adequate precautions to protect his patients and himself (and staff) from the released mercury.

He mentions at one point how his very high mercury toxicity eventually led to his inability to sweat. I thought that was worth posting here on Phoenix Rising, just in case there are members here who may have an inability to sweat, which can be caused by mercury toxicity, but also by other heavy metal toxicities.

This dentist (who had been told that he had ALS) started doing regular saunas once he discovered his mercury toxicity, and continues to do them on an almost daily basis. He describes his sauna therapy as a "gentle" way to detox. Perhaps something to consider for those considering a significant, Andrew Cutler type of detox, which can present certain dangers. Daily, gentle saunas may offer a safer alternative.

BTW, the whole video is quite good, and I'm guessing relevant to many on this board who may have any kind of ongoing oral issues.

Last edited:

Rufous McKinney

Daily, gentle saunas may offer a safer alternative.
thats sort of why I was using my bathtub. Hot baths, some epsom salts.

My upper lip sweats in the tub (I can have night sweats, and localized areas still sweat)

I recently moved, and indicated a bathtub was mandatory. Bummer, I am for now stuck with two awkward showers, I hardly bath any more. (the ME syndrome of overstimulating showers)

we located a cheap tub, its out on the patio and trying to envision an outdoor tub/ we have solar hot water so it won't cost me anything once its set up. And I have to water the yard anyway, per my landlord.

Rufous McKinney

only to discover he hadn't taken adequate precautions to protect his patients and himself (and staff) from the released mercury.

He probably needed to wear a respirator...like a total air protection system.

At least with patients, they can use the rubber dam and keep from swallowing it.

(I finally got all the amalgams gone) (I probably breathed in some mercury, also)