• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

High Thyroid Antibodies, Gone!?

Treeman

Hi, I had high antibodies to my thyroid when tested about 2.5 yrs ago but normal thyroid function and have been undergoing thyroid functioning tests every 6 months. I was retested last week and the thyroid antibodies are now described as negative.

I have been taking valacyclovir for about 19 months at 4g a day. About 4 months ago I started taking colchicine 1 x .05g per day. In the last couple of months I have started taking a number of supplements including flaxseed oil, 1 table spoon a day, co enzyme q10, 500mg a day, 1 teaspoon acetyl l carnitine 3 x a day, 1 glutathione 500mg 2 x a day, 1 d ribose teaspoon 3 x a day.

The supplements appear to have given me a little more energy, but the most noticeable thing is my mood has greatly improved, I feel like my old happy self at times.

I also noticed a few months ago that some warts on my skin had started to erupt, however they now appear to be in retreat too. I have panhypogammaglobulinemia and only recently discovered that warts are linked to a poor immune system.

I know there are links to colchicine and thyroid antibodies and EBV to them too, but can anyone share their experience why I seem to be generally improving my health and specifically when the autoantibodies to my thyroid have disappeared? Thanks.