• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

High heart rate (11 weeks post covid)

godlovesatrier

My heart rate is regularly 10bpm above normal. I think this is causing me to feel exhausted by the end of the week, making full time work significantly more exhausting than it used to be.

I am just wondering if anyone ever found any good supplements for this?

I have a feeling low dose abilify might help but am not entirely sure. So far none of my supplements have helped that I know of.

If I overdo it or I am sick I've noticed it can go higher 20bpm more. I am no longer clinically in the POTS definition but I was for a few weeks post covid.

I cannot take proponolol and other drugs due to asthma, so just wondering what supplements people have found helpful for this one.

Thanks!

hapl808

I haven't tried LDA, but I'm interested.

Propranolol made me feel worse before it lowered my HR enough. Guanfacine just made me feel tired. Tried antihistamines and mast cell stuff - ketotifen, cromolyn, clemastine, quercetin, etc.

Hawthorn, rhodiola, chamomile, valerian, melatonin, olive leaf, magnesium (all forms), etc.

Nothing much has helped. Tachycardia for many years.

Trying lemon balm now. May revisit other beta blockers at higher dosages, or LDA.

I used to have high heart rate all the time with my CFS. But I (quite accidentally) found that taking calcium usually brings it down fairly quickly (15-30 min). I know everyone is different but it works for me.

godlovesatrier

Interesting! I haven't got any but I could give it a go. Oddly at night if I take 3 reishi caps that has a profound effect on my body and state of relaxation. But doesn't always allow me back to sleep. Cortisol in my case is a major problem, am still trying to figure out what medication to take for it as SSRI's make me sicker.