• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

High Cortisol - any suggestions ?

I get my cortisol and DHEA checked annually by saliva test (showing persistent low DHEA for some years now) - but suddenly this year my cortisol is way up. Which explains my poor sleep, anger, twitching legs and general wired feelings of late.

Phosphpatidylserine, which is a usual way of reducing cortisol, made me even more hyper - and I already have a gentle yoga/meditation routine and am caffeine & sugar free.

Any other suggestions for how I might tackle this ?

Jo

Pearshaped

Hi, I can relate. after having very low cortisol in the first 2years of ME,my cortisol is now over the roof.Same bad experiences with phasphatidylserine like you.
The following suggestions are things I ve tried that had helped a bit:
-Magnolia extract or „Relora“
-Ginger tea
-Relaxing techniques
-Ashwaganda
-holy basil( work great but do not take if you have liver problems)
-melatonin every now and then

What didnt work for me but could work for orhers:
-Rhodiola rosea
-Panax ginseng
-korean ginseng
Good Luck.

Hi, I can relate. after having very low cortisol in the first 2years of ME,my cortisol is now over the roof.Same bad experiences with phasphatidylserine like you.
The following suggestions are things I ve tried that had helped a bit:
-Magnolia extract or „Relora“
-Ginger tea
-Relaxing techniques
-Ashwaganda
-holy basil( work great but do not take if you have liver problems)
-melatonin every now and then

What didnt work for me but could work for orhers:
-Rhodiola rosea
-Panax ginseng
-korean ginseng
Good Luck.
Thanks so much pearshaped - it's good to hear from someone else who didnt get a result from the phosph.