• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

High CK, Lactate Dehydrogenase and CRN blood profiles.

livinglighter

I recently carried out a lot of blood tests but haven't had any discussion about the results. The testing department just labelled them as satisfactory.

I'm wondering if any members on the forum might have a good idea of what the results might signify and if there is any direction I should be going in?

The test results of interest are as follows;

Creatine kinase

Your Value: 252 IU/L

Standard Range: 26 - 140 IU/L

Flag: H

Lactate dehydrogenase

Your Value: 223 IU/L

Standard Range: 135 - 214 IU/L

C-reactive protein

Your Value: 7.5 mg/L

Standard Range: 0 - 5.0 mg/L

Phosphate

Your Value: 0.80 mmol/L

Standard Range: 0.87 - 1.45 mmol/L

Flag: L

Crux

These are just a few results, were the others in normal range ?
With low phosphate, you may want to check why, it may not be a simple deficiency. Everything has phosphate.

I would check PTH, ( parathyroid hormone levels), FGF23, a bone derived hormone that lowers phosphate.
Is vitamin D low? Other electrolytes should be compared.

https://patient.info/doctor/hypophosphataemia

Investigations[11]
  • Calcium, phosphate, magnesium, plasma proteins - in the presence of low phosphate:
    • High calcium suggests hyperparathyroidism.
    • Low calcium suggests lack of vitamin D or malabsorption, or hungry bone syndrome.
    • Low magnesium suggests dietary deficiency.
    • Consider paraproteinaemia if high globulins, severe hypophosphataemia with suspicious features such as anaemia, bone pain, renal dysfunction or hypercalcaemia.

• Muscle weakness (diaphragmatic, cardiac and skeletal), bone pain, rhabdomyolysis, and altered mental status (confusion, hallucinations) are the most common presenting features.