• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

High bacteroides

Peyt

Hi,
I recently did a stool test by Thryve and ran the results through a 3rd party site. One of the most unbalance factors is High Bacteroides. Does anyone know of any specific Probiotics or supplements/foods that can help reduce Bacterioids?
Thanks so much

Peyt

Thanks for posting, this is helpful. But honestly I didn't realize it was this particular. Under the "Avoid" section it has L. casei CCFM419 , but under "Take" section it says to take Lactobacillus casei strain Shirota(Yakult)... The problems is most probiotics in the supplements do not indicate what strain of Probiotic it is... In this case, both being L. Cacei. But it is still a good start.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
You could just start with a few things, even one or two things could start to make a difference for you. Everyone is different though depending on what you need to increase or decrease. He has another website too where you can plug in your Thryve results and it will give you more of personalization as well. Unfortunately, I'll have to find that for you and edit this post when I'm able to.

Sometimes people just figure things out on their own too. Like one guy feels better eating apples, sesame seeds and beef.

I don't have a lab analysis (plus I'm not very techy) but if I think something makes me feel better I will do a word search on his main site and sometimes find out why or get other additional ideas.

Edit: I think this is it: http://microbiomeprescription.azurewebsites.net/ He has some videos on youtube that somewhat explain how to use his sites but I get lost when I try to follow his explanations but yeah, he does give a LOT of information. :)

Last edited:

Peyt

You could just start with a few things, even one or two things could start to make a difference for you. Everyone is different though depending on what you need to increase or decrease. He has another website too where you can plug in your Thryve results and it will give you more of personalization as well. Unfortunately, I'll have to find that for you and edit this post when I'm able to.

Sometimes people just figure things out on their own too. Like one guy feels better eating apples, sesame seeds and beef.

I don't have a lab analysis (plus I'm not very techy) but if I think something makes me feel better I will do a word search on his main site and sometimes find out why or get other additional ideas.

Edit: I think this is it: http://microbiomeprescription.azurewebsites.net/ He has some videos on youtube that somewhat explain how to use his sites but I get lost when I try to follow his explanations but yeah, he does give a LOT of information. :)

Yes I am aware of the 2nd site... I plugged in my Thryve results there(on his site) yesterday and got the results that the Bacteroides are too high and that's why I decided to put up this thread.... I am still trying to learn to navigate on his site though....

I also saw some contradictory information between Thryve's results, his main site results and the info on his site based on Dr. Jason Hawrelak's results.

One of the reasons why I don't trust it 100% is because on his site it shows I have high Bacteroides but on my GI Effects tests (from a couple of years ago) I actually had low Bacteroides and high firmicutes..

I just did a brand new GI Map test last week and should get the results in a few weeks, Hopefully that test will confirm if my Bacteroides are low or high.,