• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

HHV-6 IgG

soxfan

I have been tested many times before for this and always came up with a negative. I don't believe it was tested by titer..
So I was just informed by the doctors office my IgG was a positive. I know just about everyone has been exposed to this virus at sometime in their life so I am not really concerned.

I am just wondering why after many tests do I suddenly show up with a positive? I believe I have had this test at least 4 or 5 times in the past 6 years. Does it mean maybe I just was recently exposed or that it is suddenly activated? Just curious....thanks all

Kim

soxfan

Thanks Timaca...I would say it doesn't mean much since he didn't get a titer reading. The strange thing is that my WBC has been low since April (3.6 now 3.2).