• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hexagonal Water

Nord Wolf

The Northman
In the last week I've had three emails from people around the country telling me about Hexagonal Water and the amazing properties and benefits of.
https://www.hexagonalwater.com

Have any of you tried this type of water as a treatment, and if so did you notice anything?

Supposedly this is one of the best products on the market, and yes it is quite expensive, but they all appear to be:
https://www.oxygenhealthsystems.com/product/mret_water

The idea is captivating, but for those of us who have difficulty bringing in regular money, it would be nice to know if anyone with ME/CFS has had experience with it before spending that kind of money.
All the best-

Wishful

I'm sure you would be able to find people with anecdotal claims for it. However, you can find the same for ancient Egyptian artifacts, magic crystals, and many other such 'treatments'. I'm pretty sure you won't find any scientific evidence for it affecting health. Anecdotal evidence is just ... anecdotal evidence.

Nord Wolf

The Northman
I'm sure you would be able to find people with anecdotal claims for it. However, you can find the same for ancient Egyptian artifacts, magic crystals, and many other such 'treatments'. I'm pretty sure you won't find any scientific evidence for it affecting health. Anecdotal evidence is just ... anecdotal evidence.

I complete agree. That is why I was simply asking if anyone here ever tried it, and if so, did they personally notice anything. There are huge claims about many things where people are making a LOT of money from it. That is one of many reasons I like to ask :)

Hip

Structured water, aka hexagonal water or magnetized water you can make yourself, just using a 1 inch diameter (or thereabouts) neodymium magnet which you should be able to buy for about $10.

Put any source of water in a plastic bottle, tape the magnet to the outside of the bottle, and give the bottle a shake for a minute or so. That creates structured water. You can make as much as you like.

Basically any time you agitate water in proximity to a strong magnet, it turns that water into structured water. Structured water has slightly lower surface tension compared to regular water.

Some studies show it improves plant growth.

When I tried drinking lots of structured water daily, if anything my gut symptoms got very slightly worse rather than better.

Last edited:

Nord Wolf

The Northman
Structured water, aka hexagonal water or magnetized water you can make yourself, just using a 1 inch diameter (or thereabouts) neodymium magnet which you should be able to buy for about $10.

Put any source of water in a plastic bottle, tape the magnet to the outside of the bottle, and give the bottle a shake for a minute or so. That creates structured water. You can make as much as you like.

Basically any time you agitate water in proximity to a strong magnet, it turns that water into structured water. Structured water has slightly lower surface tension compared to regular water.

Some studies show it improves plant growth.

When I tried drinking lots of structured water daily, if anything my gut symptoms got very slightly worse rather than better.

Good reply Hip - Thanks! Makes sense you can make your own H-water. I could get 10 of those magnets for about 14 bucks. Just as interesting is your reaction to drinking it.

I wonder if you drank it long enough to perhaps instigate a sort of detox. And since we all know that with ME/CFS we tend to be detox compromised, maybe that caused some symptoms to start elevating?

YippeeKi YOW !!

In the last week I've had three emails from people around the country telling me about Hexagonal Water and the amazing properties and benefits of.
https://www.hexagonalwater.com
Really interesting topic, and I salute your courage in posting it.

I've received some of the same notificati0ons, and ust dismissed it as the usual quick-buck kind thing, but I'm a strong adherent of investigating alternative therapies, even the ones that at first glance seem a bit dicey. Cause one never know, do one ???

Thanks again for posting this :woot::woot: :thumbsup:....

YippeeKi YOW !!

NIFTY pst @Hip !!!! And thank you, not just for the inexpensive way of creating more bio-absorbable water, but for including your own reaction to it ..... good to know ....

Hip

Makes sense you can make your own H-water. I could get 10 of those magnets for about 14 bucks. Just as interesting is your reaction to drinking it.

You may want to be a bit careful if you buy more than one powerful neodymium magnet: if you hold two 1 inch neo magnets near each other, they will come together with amazing force, and if you catch your finger between them, it's like squashing your finger with a pair of pliers.

Neo magnets will also wipe the magnetic strip on any credit card, if the card comes within 6 inches or so of the magnet (it will not affect the electronic chip on the card though, so the card will still work, except in magnetic strip readers).

I wonder if you drank it long enough to perhaps instigate a sort of detox. And since we all know that with ME/CFS we tend to be detox compromised, maybe that caused some symptoms to start elevating?

Possibly there might be some longer term benefits; it would be interesting to hear some accounts from people who tried this. But most of the websites focused on magnetized water / structured water are so full of hype, mixed in with lots of pseudoscience concepts to try to impress the reader, that it's hard to get any scientific information.

You are better off looking for studies on PubMed. I just found this study on diabetic rats given magnetized water, which concluded:
In conclusion, the supplementation of magnetized water not only decreased the blood glucose and glycated hemoglobin levels but also reduced blood and liver DNA damages in STZ-induced diabetic rats.

From the above results, it is suggested that the long-term intake of the magnetized water over 8 weeks may be beneficial in both prevention and treatment of complications in diabetic patients.

This review paper says:
A variety of laboratory and farm animals have been studied over the past 20 yr. Consistent (3 or more studies) responses among animals consuming SW [structured water] for 1 mo or more include increased rate of growth, reduced markers of oxidative stress, improved glycemic and insulinemic responses in diabetics, improved blood lipid profile, improved semen and spermatozoa quality, and increased tissue conductivity as measured using bioelectrical impedance analysis.

If you make a post about Large Hadron Colliders, @Hip will come along and show you how you can make one yourself.

Large Hadron Collider? Yeah, easy to build, I could knock one together in a morning. That leaves the afternoon for constructing a hypersonic missile out of old washing up liquid bottles and a bicycle pump...

Nord Wolf

The Northman
Really interesting topic, and I salute your courage in posting it.

I've received some of the same notificati0ons, and ust dismissed it as the usual quick-buck kind thing, but I'm a strong adherent of investigating alternative therapies, even the ones that at first glance seem a bit dicey. Cause one never know, do one ???

Thanks again for posting this :woot::woot: :thumbsup:....

Thanks! I've never been one to shy away from much, including questions. There is so much unknown about ME/CFS that I feel it is imperative to look both inside the box as well as outside it. Neither conventional or unconventional have all the answers, so as scientific sounding or absurd sounding, I feel the need to explore with an open mind and leave the knee-jerk judgement behind. Like you said - one never knows.

Nord Wolf

The Northman
You may want to be a bit careful if you buy more than one powerful neodymium magnet: if you hold two 1 inch neo magnets near each other, they will come together with amazing force, and if you catch your finger between them, it's like squashing your finger with a pair of pliers.

Neo magnets will also wipe the magnetic strip on any credit card, if the card comes within 6 inches or so of the magnet (it will not affect the electronic chip on the card though, so the card will still work, except in magnetic strip readers).

Possibly there might be some longer term benefits; it would be interesting to hear some accounts from people who tried this. But most of the websites focused on magnetized water / structured water are so full of hype, mixed in with lots of pseudoscience concepts to try to impress the reader, that it's hard to get any scientific information.

You are better off looking for studies on PubMed. I just found this study on diabetic rats given magnetized water, which concluded:

This review paper says:

Large Hadron Collider? Yeah, easy to build, I could knock one together in a morning. That leaves the afternoon for constructing a hypersonic missile out of old washing up liquid bottles and a bicycle pump...

Appreciate the reply and the research blurbs. And yes I'm familiar with handling heavy magnets of 50 to 110 pounds. You are correct in that they can be tricky buggers! You can erase computer hard drives as well as credit cards, sim cards, etc.

I'm not doing so well here. Started sliding strongly again the last two days. Severe full body pain, difficulty getting enough air, disorientation... that all too familiar "fluey" feeling... slowly losing my eyesight again and the tinnitus is so loud it has halved my hearing. I can barely sit myself up in bed.
I'm going to have to back off here, and the rest of the forum and wait this out, again.

All my best-

YippeeKi YOW !!

There is so much unknown about ME/CFS that I feel it is imperative to look both inside the box as well as outside it. Neither conventional or unconventional have all the answers, so as scientific sounding or absurd sounding, I feel the need to explore with an open mind and leave the knee-jerk judgement behind. Like you said - one never knows.
:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: .... too brain dead right now to post an actual answer, hope this conveys my enthusiastic agreement with everything you said :):) :hug:....

YippeeKi YOW !!

I'm not doing so well here. Started sliding strongly again the last two days. S
OK, using last brain cell for this .... if you can, check out @Oliver3 's thread 'Aspirin' ... he's had success dealing with several of the troublesome effects of this crappy little kitty litter box of an illness

What helped me thru a lot of this was absolutely stopping everything I was doing/taking, and most of what I was eating and super-loading magnesium glycinate, Vit C, some melatonin every few doses of the mag and C, Aleve for the pain ...

I found that large doses of the mag gly did nothing, but small doses at frequent intervals (45-60 mins, sometimes longer depending on symptom expression) worked brill ... 50 mgs Mag Gly, 250-500 mgs Vit c, then 1 mg melatonin every few doses ....

Not all our symptoms are the same, but enough of them overlap so that I'm hoping that this will help. Sending as much support and positivity as I can pull together right now ....

Please post back when you can so we know that you're OK-ish. Or not. Either way ....

EDIT .... to add 'Aspirin' link ....

Last edited: