• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

HERV is confirmed infectious virus

It has been tested by Gorillas
Screenshot_20200525_080024.jpg

Hip

HERV is confirmed infectious virus

No that paper does not confirm HERV-K is an infectious virus.

The paper you mention says:
No HML-2 provirus is known to be naturally infectious. Although these proviruses seem to be functionally extinct in both humans and chimpanzees, less is known about the profile and activity of HML-2 proviruses in gorillas

Our work here has identified gorilla-specific HML-2 elements that have characteristics consistent with very recent activity, and raises the possibility that gorillas may still contain infectious HML-2 virus.

So they are saying in humans and chimpanzees, the HML-2 provirus is not known to be infectious. But in gorillas, who as a species were hit will HML-2 more recently, their HML-2 provirus may be still infectious, but this is not proven.

But even if it were infectious, it only applies to gorilla HML-2 provirus.

The reason HERV proviruses stop becoming infectious eventually is because they start to collect mutations over millions of years, which damages their genes, so that they can no long function as infectious viruses. The majority of HERVs are not even able to produce viral particles, because of this accumulated gene damage.

HERV-K is the youngest of HERVs: it was incorporated into the human genome only 28 million years ago, so being young has less mutations than older HERVs, and this means that HERV-K genes are still able to produce viral particles. But there is no evidence to suggest HERV-K in humans is infectious, though it remains a remote possibility.

Last edited:
IMG_20200603_174610.jpg

I got infected with 2 kinds of HERV. There are 2 kinds of HERV in my body. It proofed at least 1 HERV is infected from other people. Because I have only 1 genome. Even if EBV can transactive HERV in my body there should be only 1 HERV. Now I have 2. So at least 1 HERV is from other people.

Hip

I got infected with 2 kinds of HERV. There are 2 kinds of HERV in my body. It proofed at least 1 HERV is infected from other people. Because I have only 1 genome. Even if EBV can transactive HERV in my body there should be only 1 HERV. Now I have 2. So at least 1 HERV is from other people.

How do you know that a virus such as EBV or enterovirus cannot transactivate more than one HERV at the same time?

How do you know that a virus such as EBV or enterovirus cannot transactivate more than one HERV at the same time?

How do you suppose your suppose? Any scientific evidence support? Did you do any examination to proof? How do you know these viruses are not infected from other person?

90% Adults have EBV tested positive but how many of them got infected HERV? How many can be tested duplicating active HERV in blood?

Hip

90% Adults have EBV tested positive but how many of them got infected HERV? How many can be tested duplicating active HERV in blood?

That does not answer my question.

But regarding your question, that you could ask the company which did your metagenomic sequencing: you can ask them what percentage of people tested are positive for one or more HERVs.