• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Herpes Vs. XMRV

Do you have a herpes infection?

• No

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 22 88.0%

• Total voters

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
a doc will dismiss a positive IgG test as a past infection and only take a positive igA test as being a current infection. But cfs doc are finding peope with high viral igG titres and are diagnosing chronic or reactive viruses. I dont have this luxury in australia so my doc uses a lymphocyte subset test and cd8 lymphocytes are commonly elevated in current ebv/cmv infections not sure of other herpes infections though

Nielk

a doc will dismiss a positive IgG test as a past infection and only take a positive igA test as being a current infection. But cfs doc are finding peope with high viral igG titres and are diagnosing chronic or reactive viruses. I dont have this luxury in australia so my doc uses a lymphocyte subset test and cd8 lymphocytes are commonly elevated in current ebv/cmv infections not sure of other herpes infections though

My doctor checks all my viral loads every three months. My igG tithers are very high. He explained to me that many people will show some IgG elevation if they had the infection in the past but, CFS patients have a much higher load.

He actually follows my progress in this way. If my numbers are higher than he says I am crashing. If the numbers are lower, I am doing better.

This works out pretty accurately with the way actually feel.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
herpes viruses like ebv/cmv/hhv6 effect everything, they get into the nervous system etc as this is why they have been problomatic for MS patients etc. Plus Sophie Mirza the english girl that died in the UK, when they did an autopsy of her spine they said it had lesions on it consistant with ebv/shingles etc. I think they would find find higher viral loads if they could some how test the nervous system or other tissue and not just blood.

cheers!!!

drex13

I have very high IgG titers for EBV, CMV, and HHv6. Negative on the IgA. Never been tested for XMRV and never had a cold sore.

ukxmrv

That's interesting Drex, although I have had tests for other herpes family members I have also never had a cold sore either. Even when bad with ME it doesn't happen (27 or so years now).

Been on Valtrex for a while (1 year +) and that is helping with some symptoms (burning legs and feet at night was the first to get better).

Tia

herpes viruses like ebv/cmv/hhv6 effect everything, they get into the nervous system etc as this is why they have been problomatic for MS patients etc. Plus Sophie Mirza the english girl that died in the UK, when they did an autopsy of her spine they said it had lesions on it consistant with ebv/shingles etc. I think they would find find higher viral loads if they could some how test the nervous system or other tissue and not just blood.

cheers!!!

Oh, I remember Sophia and her despaired mother. Oh man. breaks my heart, but I have always wondered about the autopsy on her..This was interesting because it prves our point.