• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Here we go again ... Flare

PisForPerseverance

I'm acknowledging the grief and empathizing, and along with that, just to reflect, you are a kind thoughtful person and I think that a partner and close friends, at least definitely close friends but I hope partner too, might be in your future. The children part... Gosh I don't know what comforting words I could say for that. That eats me up inside thinking that may not happen for me. I see myself adopting eventually if I can't have kids myself but... If that is something you wish for, then there might be other ways to have meaningful relationships with kids, when you hopefully get a place where being more social is possible (I think you will). I see you having deeper relationships and joy in your life in the future, in maybe unexpected ways. It's all the therapy work you've done/will do too that makes me think that. And the fact that you have a deep intention for it now. I hope anyway. For both of us. All of us. I'm always here to talk in our pm conversation.

Rufous McKinney

We learn. And then we forget, and learn it all again. Yours, Lenora

So true!

I had my daughter with her lovely long arms -hanging out of the open window, me holding onto her- trying to clean the outside Upstairs. And now those windows aren't clean any longer!

I now at least have names of a good service who will come here and clean- we have to get vaccinated first.

Rufous McKinney

That eats me up inside thinking that may not happen for me. I see myself adopting eventually if I can't have kids myself but... If that is something you wish for, then there might be other ways to have meaningful relationships with kids, when you hopefully get a place where being more social is possible (I think you will).

there is so much need in the world, so many waiting to be loved, or noticed, or a book read to.

It appalls me this illness leaves me so unable to be helpful in the world. But I did- do a lot in the world at some point so at least that did occur- I did try.