• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help with Stool Analysis Results-Klebsiella?

Hello everyone,
i recently got my stool analysis results from Walk In Labs, see attached photo where it shows "BACTERIOLOGY CULTURE "
wondering if anyone knows or familiar with Klebsiella, i was not able to find much information on Klebsiella, I am fully against antibiotics, but maybe can start with probiotics to up my good bacteria?
appreciate for any advice.
fsslcc4.JPG

Shanti1

Administrator
It looks like bacteria from the genus Klebsiella and the genus Raoultella were found growing together in high enough quantities to be marked as dysbiotic. Usually, DoctorsData will have comments further on in the report (after all of the markers) specific to the bacteria that were dysbiotic, and they will also typically have a section under "sensitivity" where they indicate which antibiotics and natural substances were effective against the dysbiotic bacteria on petri dish. Did the report provide this info? Or maybe your report is different because they were found as a complex.....

Shanti1

Administrator
So usually they provide something that looks like this, which basically tells you what natural agents your particular bacteria are sensitive to:
1631568291128.png

In fact, at the top of the page you pasted in your last post, it indicates that the susceptibility testing was provided for the bacteria cultured. If you are able to identify that information you will want to choose a product in the "high susceptibility" category because when the cultured the bacteria, the found that the those were the natural substances that killed or greatly inhibited growth of the klebsiella.

Please let me know if I am mistaken and for some reason the Susceptibility was not included with your test.

thank you again for the reply, yes here is the screen shot, I have done all the natural agents for 2 years to no avail, and i do not want to take any antibiotics or man made drugs either, wouldent i need to up my beneficial bacteria to fight this over grown klebsiella ?
fsdfsdfsdfds.JPG

or do i need to eradicate the klebsiella totally? my assumption and all the reading ive done it seems to point to the direction of klebsiella is naturally found in the gut just like Ecoli, its when they over grow and populate is when we get issues, at least that has been my findings.

Shanti1

Administrator
or do i need to eradicate the klebsiella totally? my assumption and all the reading ive done it seems to point to the direction of klebsiella is naturally found in the gut just like Ecoli, its when they over grow and populate is when we get issues, at least that has been my findings.

Well, that most certainly is the conundrum with these intestinal profiles. The klebsiella/raoultella isn't necessarily pathogenic, just over-grown, and, while it may be causing symptoms, it could also be a surrogate marker of an overall dysbiosis. My personal approach would be to use some of the antimicrobials in effective doses and with quality products while modifying the diet to one supportive of a diverse microbiome and taking probiotics to encourage beneficial bacterial growth. IMHO, diet is the number one agent of long-term change for our microbiome, but sometimes we need the use of antimicrobials and probiotics to disrupt current bacterial growth strongholds.

thanks Shanti
yes you are correct, only changing my diet to an all meat diet has healed my gut for the most part, im on the last stretch of healing and it seems to take a little longer, but you are correct about the food.
thanks for the pointers, and god bless you