• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Heavy metals- tests not reflecting symptoms? HTMA attached

xena

I'm so confused!! i just got back a hair minerals test... only the arsenic, uranium, titanium is even mildly elevatem... lithium and iodine is very low.
previously i've seen elevated lead and mercury in blood tests and my symptoms reflect that.
i also STRONGLY suspect copper toxicity. emeramide helps my mercury toxicity symtoms.... zeolite helps a bit with the lead. not found a really good solution for the lead or copper though.

how on earth do i get real testing and help for this?

HTMA attached- would appreciate your feedback if you know about this

Attachments

• VIVEKA_JAGADEESAN-HAIR_06.07.21.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 37

xena

the copper really affects me... how on earth is it not elevated?

@xena your welcome, let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. Also, emeramide is a pretty good general chelator too, beats the hell out of everything else and if I could do my treatments over again, I'd start with emeramide and see what problems still remain. Note that if you take too much emeramide, your glutathione will drop, I found that out with extensive testing and I was able to raise my glutathione by taking a bunch of amino acid precursors, various vitamins, actual glutathione supplemenation, various minerals, and doing coffee enemas following the gerson protocol. Still sick though, haha!

aquariusgirl

@xena Note that if you take too much emeramide, your glutathione will drop, I found that out with extensive testing and I was able to raise my glutathione by taking a bunch of amino acid precursors, various vitamins, actual glutathione supplemenation, various minerals, and doing coffee enemas following the gerson protocol. Still sick though, haha!

pls elaborate? what did you take? why did it deplete your GSH?

emeramide binds to mercury and gets detoxified by GSH which is one part in the phase I, II, III detox system. As far as what I took, I found out my deficiencies with a urine and serum amino acid profile (doable at quest or labcorp and expensive if your insurance doesn't cover it), lots of B's are used in the process of antioxidant generation, selenium which i get from gumweed is useful for glutathione. But as far as what is actually useful for you, you'd need to do testing on that. It is pretty easy to read x is useful, but to find out if it applies to you, it needs to be tested.

Did you want me to talk about various strategies of figuring out which doctors, naturopaths, test, etc might be useful and what ones are just money hungry?

xena

emeramide binds to mercury and gets detoxified by GSH which is one part in the phase I, II, III detox system. As far as what I took, I found out my deficiencies with a urine and serum amino acid profile (doable at quest or labcorp and expensive if your insurance doesn't cover it), lots of B's are used in the process of antioxidant generation, selenium which i get from gumweed is useful for glutathione. But as far as what is actually useful for you, you'd need to do testing on that. It is pretty easy to read x is useful, but to find out if it applies to you, it needs to be tested.

Did you want me to talk about various strategies of figuring out which doctors, naturopaths, test, etc might be useful and what ones are just money hungry?
Yes please! :)

renski

Hair analysis can be deceptive and inaccurate, especially for something like copper, maybe try do the calculation that the pfeiffer protocol uses, like this test has done: https://www.nutripath.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/3415-PFEIFFER-BASIC-1.pdf
http://www.ewell.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Pfeiffer-Information-Primers-and-Promoters.pdf

I wouldn't get too caught up in what is going on with copper, just stick to the basic protocols for detox etc. The low metals in the hair just means your not excreting them, once you get detox working they start to show up in the hair.

Crux

the copper really affects me... how on earth is it not elevated?

How does the copper effect you ?

It is lowest normal on analysis, while zinc is highest normal.
Iron is really low.
If you've been copper deficient for a length of time, iron can accumulate in organs, such as the liver.
When you begin to replace the copper, its enzymes may mobilize the excess iron, which could be
uncomfortable.
How much did you take and which copper compound did you take ?

Swim15

Hair mineral analysis isn’t really helpful in determining heavy metal toxicity but can help confirm depending on the types/severity of mineral derangement.

You need an EDTA/DPMS urine challenge (pre and post for both) so four tests total. I got mine back a few weeks ago and have mercury poisoning go figure so just started OSR yesterday

xena

How does the copper effect you ?

It is lowest normal on analysis, while zinc is highest normal.
Iron is really low.
If you've been copper deficient for a length of time, iron can accumulate in organs, such as the liver.
When you begin to replace the copper, its enzymes may mobilize the excess iron, which could be
uncomfortable.
How much did you take and which copper compound did you take ?

Copper seems to cause anxiety and insomnia.

I get painful headaches (and used to get rage symptoms) that I think are caused by iron or some kind of acquired porphyria. It seems like the iron is not being bound or processed correctly.

Crux

Copper seems to cause anxiety and insomnia.

I get painful headaches (and used to get rage symptoms) that I think are caused by iron or some kind of acquired porphyria. It seems like the iron is not being bound or processed correctly.

Copper does increase norepinephrine . Do you have anxiety and insomnia on a regular basis?
I'm wondering if there is also another cause of anxiety and insomnia.

If iron is dysregulated, it can cause a variety of painful symptoms.

Do you get enough copper from foods ? Perhaps a supplement is too much.

Active vitamin A is needed to regulate iron. Some folks may have trouble producing it from
the carotenoids found in fruits and veg.

The B vitamins are needed to regulate iron. If they are low, iron accumulates. ( You probably are getting them.)
If choline is low, iron accumulates.

Have you had blood tests ? A CBC, iron panel, or metabolic panel. They may be informative, although not always.

Crux

Also, are you taking zinc and other supplements ? vitamin C ?

They can inhibit copper uptake if taken in high quantities.

xena

Copper does increase norepinephrine . Do you have anxiety and insomnia on a regular basis?
I'm wondering if there is also another cause of anxiety and insomnia.

If iron is dysregulated, it can cause a variety of painful symptoms.

Do you get enough copper from foods ? Perhaps a supplement is too much.

Active vitamin A is needed to regulate iron. Some folks may have trouble producing it from
the carotenoids found in fruits and veg.

The B vitamins are needed to regulate iron. If they are low, iron accumulates. ( You probably are getting them.)
If choline is low, iron accumulates.

Have you had blood tests ? A CBC, iron panel, or metabolic panel. They may be informative, although not always.

it appears I have major copper toxicity symptoms actually. i think I'm not converting it to the active form. it definitely causes anxiety at times and insomnia. I've been taking retinol since I saw your earlier post and it definitely seems to do something to the iron symptoms.

Have you had blood tests ? A CBC, iron panel, or metabolic panel.

I've been avoiding doctors... i need to stop that and go back and get some of this blood work.
not taking any vitamins or minerals other than b1, 2, 6, a humic/fulvic powder. but this hair test was from before i started those.

Crux

I don't know where you live but here in the US, we can order our own tests.
I order from ' Life Extension', not sure if they will do it internationally.

How do you feel about beef liver? There is also desiccated beef liver. It's loaded with iron enhancing
nutrients. The active vitamin A is high, though, may be all that's needed.

Best to you, it's a tough situation.

NotThisGuy

where can i buy emeramide?