• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Heavy eyelids corresponding with PEM-like symptoms!

Neunistiva

I think we need to make a distinction in this thread between eyelids feeling heavy from fatigue and sleep disorders, and droopy eyelids which is a muscle weakness and very obvious to an observer.

ey4.jpg

Jenny TipsforME

I'm doing background prep for a neurology appointment next week. MG is on my list to ask about. I definitely have days where keeping my eyes open is more difficult than staying awake. E.g. I can be awake for hours concentrating on an audio book but not keep my eyes open. It does come with greater feeling of sleepiness than normal though. Mostly my ME fatigue has been tired but wired, so not sleepy.

I don't think I have MG instead of ME but it is something that sometimes coincides with autoimmune conditions, and there seems to be AchR issues with both POTS and ME.

RyeRyeBread

Oh my god YES!!! I’m so glad I’m not the only one lol
At the start of a crash, nearly every one I’ve had thus far, my eyes and a bit around them (like the area on your face covered by a blindfold?) start feeling heavy!! I guessed it was me/cfs related but thought it was an oddball symptom no one would have :headslap:
it also happens when I push too far, but don’t necessarily crash all the way