• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Heart beat feeling like it is pounding very hard...feeling and hearing each beat

Hello. I have been experiencing strong heart pounding in my chest for about 2 weeks. Sometimes I feel my blood ressure rise, a few times I went and had it taken. It ranged from 80/50 to 149/99. Of course, the higher one was new to me. I am 46 year old female, I have smoked most of my life, but have slowed down the last few years and since this started, I quit. I was supposed to see my doctor for this in 4 days, however, I had such a scary day I went to the hospital and they have admitted me. My tests start this morning. They are doing an ultrasound, stress, some box thing?? Don't know much more about that one. Secondary, they are checking my thyroid as it, too, can cause this heart pounding?? I don't know. Sounds like it could make sense. Well, I will keep you updated after my tests today. Maybe it will help?
Wish me luck!

Wifi123

Hi Kat,

I do hope they will do a angiogram, and best of luck.

I had strange heart pounding, missing a beat, and every time I saw my doctor or went to emergency all tests were okay, 120/80, oxygen 97, blood tests normal, ECG normal, and I finally had enough and asked for a stress test (I'm 76), and I passed that with flying colours.

Two weeks after the stress test, I was on the operating table having a quadruple bypass, because I went to emergency again, and all tests were good, but my blood test was two graduations over the high reading of 80 (82), and the doctor said: "We normally let people go home with this reading, but because you have been in here a number of times, we will keep you in to see our cardiologist!" Next morning the cardiologist suggested that I have an angiogram and when he checked the xray, I had four blocked arteries.

I came down with the flu last night and couldn't sleep due to the heart pounding. However, I have had heart pounding while trying to get to sleep before, too. Glad to see this discussion.

Seven7

Seven
I understand it could be pill side effect, heart condition, POTs....

In my case I have OI, but what the palpitations mean for me is that I am dehydrated. I don't mean drink water (that doesn't do it) I take One or 2 bottle of Pedyalite (electrolyte) and that does the trick.

does anyone feel scared when the palpitation occured? to me when it occures badly with unknown reason and not for a short time you MUST be relax because if youre not it will get much worse and horrible and scarier BUT its hard to be relax when that happens. because i feel like under pressure and worried. so its like a vicious cycle :(

Wifi123

does anyone feel scared when the palpitation occured? to me when it occures badly with unknown reason and not for a short time you MUST be relax because if youre not it will get much worse and horrible and scarier BUT its hard to be relax when that happens. because i feel like under pressure and worried. so its like a vicious cycle :(
It's very scary when it appears to be for unknown reason. When do you experience this, is it most of the time, say all night when in bed, or all day or just around specific times?

I had taken me some years to discover that since wireless technology was introduced is when I began to suffer with heart palpitations. I discovered that the radiation from mobile phones, DECT phones, Wi Fi hotspots and wireless computers were causing my palpitations. I have no removed all wireless from our home, but sadly they have no installed smart metres in power boxes of our area, and I am now being radiated by the Wi Fi emissions coming out of the smart metres.

It's very scary when it appears to be for unknown reason. When do you experience this, is it most of the time, say all night when in bed, or all day or just around specific times?

I had taken me some years to discover that since wireless technology was introduced is when I began to suffer with heart palpitations. I discovered that the radiation from mobile phones, DECT phones, Wi Fi hotspots and wireless computers were causing my palpitations. I have no removed all wireless from our home, but sadly they have no installed smart metres in power boxes of our area, and I am now being radiated by the Wi Fi emissions coming out of the smart metres.

got close connection to sleep a lot and digestive.
sometimes it gets worse or more often sometimes it gets better or less.
about radiation. its really hard to avoid isnt it? :( almost impossible.

I had an annoyingly strong heart beat for many years. I could feel it upon mild exertion. It went away suddenly one day. I was worried when it went away. It was strange. From almost always being able to feel it (at least a little) to almost never. I think it went away because of chiropractic adjustments making my heart move a little. If I had know it could go away suddenly, I would have not worried so much about it.

Wifi123

got close connection to sleep a lot and digestive.
sometimes it gets worse or more often sometimes it gets better or less.
about radiation. its really hard to avoid isnt it? :( almost impossible.

Yes K, it's impossible and sad as it is it's going to get worse, and we have do a lot of research to help us fight against it all, and to protect ourselves from the corruption and greed of electronic companies.

Wifi123

I had an annoyingly strong heart beat for many years. I could feel it upon mild exertion. It went away suddenly one day. I was worried when it went away. It was strange. From almost always being able to feel it (at least a little) to almost never. I think it went away because of chiropractic adjustments making my heart move a little. If I had know it could go away suddenly, I would have not worried so much about it.

Yes, getting sick of being sick is part and parcel of sickness. Since smart metre have been installed in our area, each time they start up my heart rate goes up, get a tight burning pressure in the head, and the tinnitus starts screaming. I get some reprieve when it turns OFF for eight to ten hours, but when it starts up, it goes for days.

SickOfSickness chiropactor can get rid of palpitation?

Sort of, not really palpitations but the fact that I could feel them so strongly no matter what my position. Or other people would notice with a stethoscope or perhaps their hand.

I know it's odd and not so believable. Maybe it went away for another reason but I can't think of anything else. It was sudden. Had it for years, then I woke up one morning and it was gone.

I think it was not just one chiropractor session but the result of many months finally changing how much pressure was on an area, or the position.

Edit to add: My specific situation is probably uncommon. I have spinal issues that show on xrays.

Wifi123

SickOfSickness chiropactor can get rid of palpitation?
Wifi123 since its avoidable however i wonder there must be a caused why some other people dont get health issues by it and some people do. and if that can be helped than its better than nothing.

The issue of ill health, is the dependency of having a good immune system. You have any form of metal in your body, I can assure you that you will suffer from some form of illness from the affects of wireless radiation. Just having a restless night, feeling unrefreshed when awakening, fatigue, flu-like symptoms, etc., etc., actually the very same side effects that pharmaceutical drugs cause. Many people are on antidepressants, and I ask why, when their symptoms are cause by continual use of wireless technology. TPTB have know since the 1960s-70s of the health risks and dangers of wireless technology.

Wifi123

Sort of, not really palpitations but the fact that I could feel them so strongly no matter what my position. Or other people would notice with a stethoscope or perhaps their hand.

I know it's odd and not so believable. Maybe it went away for another reason but I can't think of anything else. It was sudden. Had it for years, then I woke up one morning and it was gone.

I think it was not just one chiropractor session but the result of many months finally changing how much pressure was on an area, or the position.

Edit to add: My specific situation is probably uncommon. I have spinal issues that show on xrays.

I get palpitations when I go to be at times. I hearing the thumping of my heart, so I just get up do so body twisting exercises of my whole body and stretch my neck and put it all back into alignment and it stops. So I guess that is what a chiropractor does.

Get an EMF Meter!

My laptop power supply beat with my heart and made the whole house lights flicker, PM me and I will send a video

I have had this problem for a while but it seems to be getting much worse. I think it is probably due to anxiety but not sure. Whenever I lay down afternoon or at night I can hear and feel my heart beating. It feels as though there is a sledge hammer in my chest pounding back and forth. It actually feels sometimes like it is making my body move. I can hear and feel every single beat. It makes it impossible to relax and rest. I am now having trouble going to sleep because of it.

I have tried relaxation music..relaxation exercises like deep breating or imagining I am in a peaceful place. Nothing works because my heart is pounding so hard and loud that it distracts from this. I have no idea what to do about this...Does anyone else have this problem? This has been going on for about a year and is getting much worse...
Did this ever go away? I have been having this now for about three weeks. It's scary. I had a virus a month and half ago that is gone now, but heart pounds at rest and when I am sitting. Went to the ER last Wed night with chest pain and hard heartbeat and thought I was having a heart attack, and had 2 EKGs, Xray, and 2 rounds of bloodwork - all normal. Diagnosis - anxiety. I am anxious, but its b/c my heart. I believe I also have some form of dysautonomia and have an apt with my doctor May 30. Blood pressure has been lower than normal this whole time, except sometimes when I stand up or shortly after. About there times I did feel as if I was going to pass out.

lauluce

as long as you manage to stay alive, there's hope
I have had this problem for a while but it seems to be getting much worse. I think it is probably due to anxiety but not sure. Whenever I lay down afternoon or at night I can hear and feel my heart beating. It feels as though there is a sledge hammer in my chest pounding back and forth. It actually feels sometimes like it is making my body move. I can hear and feel every single beat. It makes it impossible to relax and rest. I am now having trouble going to sleep because of it.

I have tried relaxation music..relaxation exercises like deep breating or imagining I am in a peaceful place. Nothing works because my heart is pounding so hard and loud that it distracts from this. I have no idea what to do about this...Does anyone else have this problem? This has been going on for about a year and is getting much worse...
Last week I found out I have POTS, maybe you should get a tilt table test done, you might be surprised of the results! my other cardiology test came out normal, but this one was evidently positive. My heart rate rose from 90bpm to a maximum of 156 in ten minutes of upright position. Good luck!

soxfan

I wore a holter monitor for 24 hours and also had the tilt test done. Both were totally normal. I had no problems on the TT at all. I still have this problem as it has been going on for a few years. I am fairly certain it is not anxiety. I can really feel it when sitting down or laying in bed.
None of the doctors I have ever seen have a clue why this is so I just live with it....I always have normal BP and pulse rate....

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I'm going through this myself now. They heartbeat started out if the blue a few months ago. EKG was
Normal. Poor man's tilt table was fine.

I find when my sleep is bad it I'm feeling unwell like now, the beats are "harder".

A Holter monitor is planned for when I can get there but I'm so tired right now I don't know how to manage it.

I'm glad I found this thread. I was starting to freak myself out. Now I can relax a bit. It's interesting that this was started a few years ago and here we are still talking about it.