• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Healthy until contracted ME/CFS?

fla

However, what I am interested in is the exposure to DDT that we had as a family when young in the 1950s. DDT was a toxic chemical sprayed liberally on fields to act as an insect-killer and as kids we played in those fields not realising the contact we had to this chemical. All three of us kids have had worse health than our parents. DDT was banned because it was disturbing the life cycle of birds, and there was a time when birds flying overhead would drop soft-shelled eggs as they flew, and their eggs failed when in the nest.

I don't know what the long-term health effects are of DDT exposure for humans.
Interesting. In our town a truck would drive around spraying DDT to control mosquitoes. Some kids would run around behind the truck playing in the spray for fun. DDT is linked to diabetes which is autoimmune.