• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has this happened to anybody(illness changes after pushing)

bensmith

covid again, illness change. Much more flu feeling and poisned. For 3 months before biggest issue mental inability. Had post covid for month. Then had big fight with family. 5 hours. Then blood draw yesterday.

now in the day im less fatigued, but back to more brain ljmited like before. Does this mean anything? Anybody had similar?

i felt like i was recovering before inhad my crash 4 months ago. Really didnt have too much post xovid studf almost nothing. Just minor pem. Then obv explosive pem. Maybe the pem decline Restarted dormant unfection. Because i felt better for a couple days when i had covid again.

should i be focusing on getting my covid under control?

Wolfcub

Are these new Covid infections @bensmith , or could your symptoms getting worse be "long Covid" or even possibly general weakness caused by the first Covid infection?

I know that when I had Covid, I was much better at first (for weeks) but about 3 months later my general condition got a bit worse than it had been before, with new symptoms, and new issues seem to spring up currently (since early Autumn.)
My energy is also unpredictable. Some days the exhaustion is worse, then suddenly I have a day when I feel much better. Those days, though more pleasant, can tempt us to do more than we should do, so we pay later.

But generally I think Covid is a huge challenge to the immune system and energy, and that could last for a while, even if it isn't technically "long Covid".

bensmith

I got reinfected. Before then its been somewhat consistent but since then it just changes a lot more now. Like this severe cfs crash has been one way now its more confusing.

covid-long covid-better-severe cfs crash-reinfected/covid again-now more confusing cfs experience since then.

xebex

My ME has changed a lot over the years. I’m currently at my worst physically but my brain is functioning pretty well (when I’m not in acrash)and although I’m lieing down 21 hours a day I can read and watch tv all day. 3 years ago my brain fog was just horrendous couldn’t read could hardly speak couldnt Skype with family couldn’t have people moving downstairs without it reverberating through my body, but physically I was much more able - so weird.

bensmith

Having this same thing right now. Body is kind of like ready to go today, but i cant handle any brain inputs. Talking lifht tv etc. so weird to hear you say that.
I want tv so bad living this way is just too much.

did yiou pace there? I still cant pace becuae my envelope is so low. But did it just happen for you?

xebex

LDN and cutting sugar, refined carbs, glutamate and preservatives were a big help in improving my brain mess, As well as EFT. I have been able to pace through my illness but I still over do it constantly, the more I rest the better I feel and then the harder it is to stop in time. Now I’m at a point where it doesn’t matter how much I rest I will always crash after 20mins of standingbecause of some back injury that is constantly triggering my fight or flight, I’m not able to push myself enough to get PEM as I’ll get a sleep attack due to hypersensitive NS my ME seems to be behaving most unconventionally right now though to be fair everyone’s ME is pretty whack.

bensmith

Interesting/sorry thank you. Thr only energy i get is carbs and junk. Lol. Ns?

im hoping one of the meds im about to take will get me at least out of the spiral.

xebex

NS = nervous system.

I do believe ME affects all systems but PEM is caused by immune dysfunction and my immune dysfunction isn’t as bad as my NS dysfunction.

bensmith

Sadly not but i did feel better for a day ut was interestint. I guess maybe its multi facted not sure.

Wishful

I think that the immune systems are strongly linked to ME's severity. Any events that change how your immune system is working can affect your ME symptom severity, good or bad. I *think* I got an asymptomatic viral infection a few weeks ago, which made my ME symptoms worse and made me very sensitive to protein, which would make my symptoms much worse. Then I took some elderberry (strongly affects the immune system) gummies, and a couple of days later, I was back to my pre-infection state, or maybe even better. I can easily accept that a viral infection could affect the immune system in a way that reduces ME symptoms, even if just temporarily.

Reading_Steiner

If you are fighting with people that means you could have a lot of stress, which is probably gonna affect your brain the next day, reduced emotions, motivation, easily distracted etc, but reduced fatigue could be misleading as if you are overexerting you might just be running on adrenaline and will eventually crash suddenly and be unable to use the PC or read a book for a week or so. Illness patterns vary though, for example I was really stable in 2019 but now really unstable with different symptoms and I crash easily.

You can have a period where your brain is in a bad way and you are generally physically switched off for months, but you are not crashing and your energy level is consistent but low.... its possible to recover from that though. In my experience any situation or symptom you get into with this disease is possible to recover from ( eventually ), but the reverse is also true, you can potentially relapse and old symptoms appear anew.