• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone used IGG supplementation?

I saw a brand new doctor today. She's on my insurance, but before I knew it, she had me spend nearly $600 for saliva tests and micronutrient testing. I was so excited about the potential that she had another way to look at my issues that I really wasn't thinking so clearly.

But she really wants me to take an oral immunoglobulin supplement. It's a powder form and non-dairy. I have low natural killer cell activity and also leaky gut plus much more. It is from "non-dairy source of serum-derived immunoglobulin antibodies and immuno-proteins." I bought it, but before I open it, I really want to check it out.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Or feedback?

Thanks!

undcvr

It sounds like Immunolin, its the only kind of oral IgG supplement out there that I know of. Fyi, "serum-derived immunoglobulin antibodies and immuno-proteins" just means that they took the IgG out from the blood directly. It may not be dairy but it is still from a cow.

It's the same but a different brand. Didn't want to say the brand in case someone thought I was trying to sell it or something. It cost $41. Yep, from a cow. Do you have any experience with it? I am not a doctor so am having trouble with all the scientific language, but it looked like it could inhibit NK cell activity. That is the LAST thing I need! :( So I'm trying to find out if this is a viable alternative for CFS. I was allergic to Imunovir. So that is out. Thanks.

undcvr

Its not supposed to inhibit NK cell activity and if anything would be supposed to support it. Go to the proliant website, there should be studies on it there.
You have to take it on an empty stomach or your acids and enzymes will break it down.

I take it when I am sick or exhausted and i think it helps. Where do you read that it inhibits NK cell activity ?

Lotus97

I've been taking Now Foods Immune Advantage which is Immunolin since I'm sensitive to dairy. Otherwise I'd just take colostrum. I was reading the customer reviews today. Most of the reviews the were just people saying "I took this and didn't get sick":rolleyes:, but there was one person that said it raised their white blood cell count and another person said it helped their lymphs.
I had been having a huge issue of my lymph glands in my neck swelling and pain with no answers or help from doctors. Since I started on this the swelling has gone away and no more inflamation.

Ema

I take hyper immune colostrum which is essentially the same thing. I started it at the same time as the Hizentra (subQ IgG) though so it will be hard to know what is doing what unfortunately.

However, neither preparation has saved me from this current bout of bronchitis. So frustrating to read all the reviews...and get sick anyway!

Ema