• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone tried this nootropic supplement?

godlovesatrier

BROWSE INGREDIENTS

Citicoline
Phosphatidylserine (PS) as Sharp-PS® Green.
Lion's Mane Mushroom as Full-Spectrum Extract.
Bacopa Monnieri 24% Bacosides with 9 Bioactives.
Rhodiola Rosea (3% Rosavins/1% Salidrosides).
N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine.
Maritime Pine Bark Extract (95% Proanthocyanidins).
Suntheanine® L-Theanine.
NutriGenesis® B6, B9, B12.

The phosphatidylserine stops me sleeping after a few days.
Lions mane in a high enough dose can cause dysphoria and lower t levels (altohug this is rare it happened to me)
rhodiola is a strong stimulant, in my experience it'll just make ME worse, more pronounced and prolonged crashes in essence.

Then there's the fact that some of these are registered concoctions, which is a bit mental.

Tyrosine might make you sleepy or like me might give you insomnia and liable for a crash (that might just be me).

Wishful

If anyone tells you that <whatever> helps with ME, you have to read that as "it may have helped someone with ME". Some anecdotal stories may not involve actual ME. Some might be a placebo effect. Some might be true, but only for that one individual (or maybe a few). As far as I know, there is no "works for everyone with ME" or even "works with a significant number with ME". If you want to try it, go ahead, or as hmnr asg says, you can buy it cheaper as separate ingredients. Is it more likely to help you than a supplement chosen at random? My guess is not. It's just another random thing you could try.

paul80

If anyone tells you that <whatever> helps with ME, you have to read that as "it may have helped someone with ME". Some anecdotal stories may not involve actual ME. Some might be a placebo effect. Some might be true, but only for that one individual (or maybe a few). As far as I know, there is no "works for everyone with ME" or even "works with a significant number with ME". If you want to try it, go ahead, or as hmnr asg says, you can buy it cheaper as separate ingredients. Is it more likely to help you than a supplement chosen at random? My guess is not. It's just another random thing you could try.

Yea i gave up on supplements a while ago but a family member is trying to get me to try things, i don't have the energy to research things any more so thanks everyone.

I still take vit d and stuff for digestion. Betaine HCL definitely helps but i'm not sure about digestive enzymes, i could be wasting money on those, i think they help but it's hard to tell.

Wishful

i think they help but it's hard to tell.

To figure it out, you need to repeat the test several times, holding as much else constant as possible. It's more difficult for treatments that have long build-up and decay times. If you find that it does reliably help, but only slightly, you have to decide whether it's worth the cost and the possible side effects.

The ingredients are mostly 'meh', in my opinion. The one nootropic that has noticeably helped with my symptoms is piracetam (fwiw I take 4.8g doses, which is quite a lot higher than you often find in capsules). But even that is only moderately helpful.

paul80

Is the bad reaction to the vax a intensifying of your usual ME symptoms or something different? Would also be interested to know how long the bad reaction to the vax took to manifest and how long now have you had it.
i had about 10 days of side effects from the vax then it went away. Then in the weeks after that my m.e symptoms got much worse. I've had it for about 6 weeks.