• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone tried Cerebrolysin?

As the title says, I've been looking into Cerebrolysin lately and haven't seen much about it related to ME/CFS. From what i hear, it can work wonders with cognitive issues even not TBI related.

I haven’t tried it, but I’d like to. I’ve tried about 10 peptides so far and generally find them helpful. I haven’t been able to source cerebrolysin in my country though.

If you do try it, please report back here.

I tried it but didn't notice any side effects or positive outcomes from it. But I don't really have brain fog or cognitive issues.

I haven’t tried it, but I’d like to. I’ve tried about 10 peptides so far and generally find them helpful. I haven’t been able to source cerebrolysin in my country though.

If you do try it, please report back here.
Not any time soon unfortunately but it's on the to do list. I've been very familiar with peptides and had some luck myself with BPC 157, IGF1 secretagogues and GHK-CU. Since my last crash its been hard to research more options, can you help me with which ones helped you?

Not any time soon unfortunately but it's on the to do list. I've been very familiar with peptides and had some luck myself with BPC 157, IGF1 secretagogues and GHK-CU. Since my last crash its been hard to research more options, can you help me with which ones helped you?
Yeah, it’s so tough to research possible treatments when we’re this sick. It took me months of peptides research to even begin.

I started with TA1. Would have liked to also start with KPV but couldn’t get it domestically in my country and I was only comfortable starting with domestic suppliers (we have v strict customs). I like TA1 and I still take a maintenance dose. My carer got covid and I managed to avoid it even though I was exposed before they developed symptoms. I can’t put that down to TA1 but it was a nice correlation.

Then I added in regenerative peptides - BPC157, TB500. I like both, but I think TB500 is more helpful to get out of a crash. Now I take BPC mixed with GHKCu so it doesn’t sting. I take more TB500 than BPC.

I then added in LL37. I think I dosed it too high the first time. Got up to 150-200mcg. Didn’t love it. I tried it again last month, much lower dose, started with 30mcg and have maxed out at 80mcg. I think it helps a bit. I have reactivated EBV and CMV, and I can only assume other opportunistic infections I can’t test for (Candida? Other fungal stuff?). So I hope Ll37 helps with that.

I did a course of Epithalon. Didn’t notice anything at the time, didn’t help with sleep etc, but on checking my notes, the month after I finished was my highest last year for step count. So will try another course sometime soon.

Similar story with CJC/Ipa. I struggled the first course cos I feel terrible with fasting. Need to eat v regularly. But the best step count month was during that course. So I’m trying it again now. (Seems more obvious candidate than delayed reaction from Epithalon but tbc). I’m managing the fasting better this time and I think it’s helped a bit with sleep and fewer crashes/PEM.

I’m also trying Semax at the moment. Hoping it will help with brain fog but too early to tell. It’s intranasal so super easy to take.

I also have ARA290 to try for peripheral nerve pain. B12 injections last year lowered that a bit, so ARA has been pushed down the list.

Hope that helps. Always keen to hear peptides ideas for ME/CFS.

How could I forget the mitochondrial peptides?!

I tried MOTS-C first cos that was accessible, even though I’ve heard it’s best to do SS31 first. I like MOTS-C. It’s like coffee but not fake energy. My max dose is 1500mcg though and AM or it gives me insomnia. I find it very difficult to assess my MOTS-C energy envelope though and have on occasion done too much and crashed.

Ss31 seems to have less immediate effect. But I think it might be helping me with a little bit more energy and fewer crashes and PEM. I’ve been on it 3 months. Will take a break shortly.

Yeah, it’s so tough to research possible treatments when we’re this sick. It took me months of peptides research to even begin.

I started with TA1. Would have liked to also start with KPV but couldn’t get it domestically in my country and I was only comfortable starting with domestic suppliers (we have v strict customs). I like TA1 and I still take a maintenance dose. My carer got covid and I managed to avoid it even though I was exposed before they developed symptoms. I can’t put that down to TA1 but it was a nice correlation.

Then I added in regenerative peptides - BPC157, TB500. I like both, but I think TB500 is more helpful to get out of a crash. Now I take BPC mixed with GHKCu so it doesn’t sting. I take more TB500 than BPC.

I then added in LL37. I think I dosed it too high the first time. Got up to 150-200mcg. Didn’t love it. I tried it again last month, much lower dose, started with 30mcg and have maxed out at 80mcg. I think it helps a bit. I have reactivated EBV and CMV, and I can only assume other opportunistic infections I can’t test for (Candida? Other fungal stuff?). So I hope Ll37 helps with that.

I did a course of Epithalon. Didn’t notice anything at the time, didn’t help with sleep etc, but on checking my notes, the month after I finished was my highest last year for step count. So will try another course sometime soon.

Similar story with CJC/Ipa. I struggled the first course cos I feel terrible with fasting. Need to eat v regularly. But the best step count month was during that course. So I’m trying it again now. (Seems more obvious candidate than delayed reaction from Epithalon but tbc). I’m managing the fasting better this time and I think it’s helped a bit with sleep and fewer crashes/PEM.

I’m also trying Semax at the moment. Hoping it will help with brain fog but too early to tell. It’s intranasal so super easy to take.

I also have ARA290 to try for peripheral nerve pain. B12 injections last year lowered that a bit, so ARA has been pushed down the list.

Hope that helps. Always keen to hear peptides ideas for ME/CFS.
Wow you really have tried all of the good ones I’ve read about!

I have biopsy confirmed SFN and take ARA 4mg daily and I can’t say if it is the reason for improvement in my symptoms (started ALA as well) but I feel much better on it and haven’t noticed any side effects. I’ve been taking it for a year or so.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

I'm interested in how you use BPC157?

I have used it for minor injuries and took 500mcg subcutaneous daily close to the injury. I have heard of others taking it orally to help repair the gut.

I'm guessing you take it subcutaneously and it helps systemically?? What sort of dosing schedule do you use?

I've used tb500 several years ago to help with minor injuries but I don't think I used it long enough. I think I used it for 4weeks maybe but read later it needs to be like 6-8 weeks, 2000mg twice a week 💉. I can't say I noticed much from BPC157 or TB500 in regards to cfs, but if I was using it for a minor injury I was probably doing ok cfs wise to be able to injure myself, usually a strain from Wt lifting, training only happens when in a good upswing.

I've used Ghrp2 and 6, I can't say I noticed much other than slept abit better with ghrp2. I do want to try DSIP/deep sleep inducing peptide.

Cheers

I'm interested in how you use BPC157?
You’re right, I do subQ injections and use it systemically. I assume I have some minor leaky gut issues, but GI issues aren’t a big thing for me. Much more neuro/immune/autonomic symptoms.

I’ve done a few BPC courses of 8 weeks ish at 250mcg a day, although I usually have one day a week off. (Not a planned break to desensitise, but just usually there’s a day a week where I’m not alert enough to draw up and inject.)

I can’t put my improvements down to BPC specifically, but it was one of the first few I tried (with tb500 and tA1) that got me from severe/very severe 50-250 steps per day to average 1500 in the space of two months.

It seems like some people have issues with BPC causing anhedonia. I’m on an SSRI fluoxetine for pain/sleep, so I’m already a bit numb from that. But I haven’t noticed actual anhedonia. But it’s one to be careful about.

I take TB500 at higher doses. I built up to 1500mcg. Currently take that twice a week. I had a month off about 4 months ago. But I really like TB500 so I stay on it for longer courses.

I recently did an 8 week course of GHKCu/BPC mix. The BPC gets rid of the sting and injection site reaction from GHKCu. I mix about 5:1, and take approx 1250:250mcg every couple of days, plus extra zinc. Again, I can’t put any specific improvements to this (as you can see I stack various peptides at once) but I have slightly increased my average step count again and I’m less weak on my feet. I still use a cane but a bit stronger and more steps. I think overall the regenerative and anti-inflammatory peptides have helped with that.

I have a book on peptides by James Lavelle. I use it for dosing instructions. I always start at much lower doses and build up. But then I generally take longer courses. Both because it takes a while to build up, and I figure the doses tested on people who far fewer things wrong with them than I do.

I’ve focused quite a bit on peptides this past 9 months cos I found ways to access them. Prior to that I focused a year on antivirals (Lerner protocol). But that was more expensive than peptides (valcyte and valtrex) and didn’t seem to help. So then I hit a wall with doctor help - I’d used my experimental buy in on antivirals. Peptides were something I could do myself. (I told my doctor, and they didn’t tell me off - they knew I was desperate - but they didn’t know anything about them to prescribe them).

I suppose whether you try a longer course might depend on accessibility and whether you have other options available?