• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone tried antiplatelet therapy or anticoagulants ?

I know this might seem like a reach but I have had poor blood circulation ever since I got ill and it seems like it could be connected to ME/CFS. There are some studies in long covid showing microclots and the use of antiplatelet therapy and anticoagulants appears to help at least a bit. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/long-covid-could-antiplatelet-therapy-help

I doubt that vascular issues are the main root cause of ME/CFS but it does seem logical that normalizing vascular function could improve symptoms and possibly help the body heal in the long run. Less hypoxic damage could help improve cellular function.

Obviously it's not safe to take drugs that could make you bleed excessivly without being under doctor supervision and since this is so new it's unlikley that any doctor would prescribe these meds without some other underlying problem. But I figured it's still worth asking to see if anyone has tried Clopidogrel plus Asprin or other meds with anti-platelet properties like cilostazol or colchine or Apixaban etc. ?

L'engle

moogle
I once had low platelets and didn't feel any better. It was due to oil of oregano. Lots of 'blood cleansing' type foods and supplements will decrease platelets. It's a thing to be careful about.

Treeman

I saw a video by one of the south African researchers who suggested that they need to be taken for up to 6 months.

Some of the treatments stop new clots forming but do nothing for existing clots. There are however some other treatments (warfarin as one example) that can thin existing clots.

I tried aspirin and clopidogrel at the recommended dose for about a month and did notice a difference in bruising etc, but stopped because I considered it to high risk.

I recently started again at half the recommended dose of aspirin, apixaban and clopidogrel and it doesn't appear to offer any unacceptable risk. I hope it can still do it's job over the next few months.

BrightCandle

I had thick blood, I could not bleed enough for most home tests to send a small vile or blood or even complete a blot test which required about 5 drops of blood. After the micro clots finding on LC I did a number of the preprotocol before apheresis, I was considering that treatment (awaiting the trial) and in the meantime took lumbrokinase, nattokinase and grape seed. They do all thin the blood in my experience and inhibit platelets and I did feel better and then worse. I am not sure if its a tricky balance to get right in dosing or its not quite doing the right thing or its accumulating some other problem but I am not sure its easily treatable.

Violeta

Ken Lassesen has information about anticoagulants. He found bromelain to be very effective.

He's been talking about blood viscosity for years and years.

He has a blog with lots of info.

tyson oberle

I know this might seem like a reach but I have had poor blood circulation ever since I got ill and it seems like it could be connected to ME/CFS. There are some studies in long covid showing microclots and the use of antiplatelet therapy and anticoagulants appears to help at least a bit. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/long-covid-could-antiplatelet-therapy-help

I doubt that vascular issues are the main root cause of ME/CFS but it does seem logical that normalizing vascular function could improve symptoms and possibly help the body heal in the long run. Less hypoxic damage could help improve cellular function.

Obviously it's not safe to take drugs that could make you bleed excessivly without being under doctor supervision and since this is so new it's unlikley that any doctor would prescribe these meds without some other underlying problem. But I figured it's still worth asking to see if anyone has tried Clopidogrel plus Asprin or other meds with anti-platelet properties like cilostazol or colchine or Apixaban etc. ?
My doc prescribed aspirin with apixaban and i have been on them for over 6 months now, but it hasn't helped at all. I still have ice cold hands and feet, cold intolerance, chronic fatigue, etc. In the past I also have tried high doses of serrapeptase, nattokinase, and lumbrokinase with no difference. Although aspirin and apixaban don't dissolve microclots, I guess they should help if I indeed did have microclots but I am skeptical that I even have a microclot problem. Or maybe microclots can be stuck in muscles, I have no idea? All my lab tests never show that I have anemia. My tests do however show thyroid issues for over 20 years but no matter what i am prescribed it never makes a difference. But now I am pretty sure I know why i have ice cold hands, ice cold feet, cold intolerance, and chronic fatigue, it's because I have a very low capillary density. From my understanding, it's mostly the capillaries that transport the oxygen and nutrients into cells, organs, other body parts and arteries and veins don't. And blood warms the body, if you have less capillaries and therefore less blood then it should make you colder. The problem is that I don't know the root cause of how to solve the low capillary density problem.

Last edited:

Treeman

One of the signs of poor circulation, as I understand it, is purple skin under the nails. If there is good circulation they should be pink.